Senior Web Engineer (React)
- Paarden Eiland Rd, Paarden Eiland, Cape Town, 7420, South Africa
- Employees can work remotely
Yoyo powers some of the world’s leading retail brands, through customer loyalty and rewards software solutions, to offer the world's most rewarding buying experience.
We create a space where passionate, smart, curious and creative people thrive.
Our values are our way of being, and how we show up every day.
This is how we help our clients build their best business and our staff build a career to be proud of. Living these values builds an environment where world-class passionate people create world-class scalable products that delight customers and consumers and drive scalable profit and revenue growth.
Who you are:
You’re an experienced frontend developer who demonstrates a high level of curiosity and keeps up with the latest technologies. You have developed and maintained multiple frontend applications throughout the entirety of their lifecycle. You have a strong eye for software design. You want to tackle tough technical challenges and have a desire to impact local businesses and communities.
What you’ll do:
- Architect and develop robust web applications
- Take ownership of tasks from start to completion
- Work closely with other engineers, product managers and designers
- Fix bugs, improve workflows, and suggest changes to make the team more productive
- Break down tasks into small tickets and actively engage with agile process
- Strong attention to detail placing the end user at the forefront of all decisions
What we’re looking for:
- Minimum of 3 years experience
- Strong experience with ReactJS and familiarity with flux pattern
- Ability to write well-structured code with a high test coverage
- Must be personable, enthusiastic and articulate ideas clearly
- Must be organised, focused and thorough
- Experience with data visualisation and/or UX is beneficial
- Must show a passion for web technology
- Experience working for a startup
- Experience working remotely/ with a remote tea
- Be passionate: Spiral up, be positive, bring momentum, and energy to those around you
- Be an owner: Be accountable and take responsibility. Find solutions, learn from your mistakes and own tasks to completion
- Be world class at speed: Delivering world leading solutions at speed
- Be curious and creative: Constantly innovating, exploring, learning, stretching yourself, pushing the boundaries and thinking out of the box
- Be a team player: Leave ego at the door, be teachable, engaged, inclusive, and transparent. Bring the best of yourself and the best out of others, rallying behind a larger team mission