Compliance Officer (MLRO)
- Victoria St, London, UK
- Employees can work remotely
Yoyo powers some of the world’s leading retail brands, through customer loyalty and rewards software solutions, to offer the world's most rewarding buying experience.
We create a space where passionate, smart, curious and creative people thrive.
Our values are our way of being, and how we show up every day.
This is how we help our clients build their best business and our staff build a career to be proud of. Living these values builds an environment where world-class passionate people create world-class scalable products that delight customers and consumers and drive scalable profit and revenue growth.
At Yoyo, we’re building the world’s most rewarding in-store buying experience.
Are you a delivery focused and detail-oriented compliance specialist who loves rolling up their sleeves, navigating ambiguity and being a trusted SME in a fast paced and scaling business? Would you like to play an important part in shaping the future of Europe’s fastest growing FinTech? Did we hear a big YES? Excellent - keep reading!
From day one, you’ll be expected to hit the ground sprinting; you will quickly become a valued business partner, working across teams, enabling them to deliver best in class products which are legally and regulatory compliant.
In this varied and challenging role, you will provide a compliance and regulatory function within our UK business.
- Day-to-day management of regulator relationships (FCA, ICO and European regulators)
- Advise senior management on the regulatory impact of key strategic projects, day-to-day activities and key regulatory risks
- Act as the “second line of defence” by defining (and monitoring adherence to) requirements for certain operational processes that impact on the company’s compliance regime, including:
- Customer funds safeguarding (reconciliations and disbursements)
- Anti-Money Laundering/Counter Terrorist Financing
- Fraud detection and prevention
- Subject Access Requests and other personal data related complaints or requests.
- Identify, investigate and manage the impact of identified regulatory breaches or poor practice as a “second line of defence”.
- Ensure the company adheres to its FCA regulatory reporting and notifications schedule.
- Management of external auditor relationships (FCA, PCI) and compliance supplier relationships.
- Assist financial auditors with compliance related information requests.
- Prepare and submit ad-hoc applications to the FCA.
- Provide guidance and training to first line staff on relevant compliance risk areas (e.g. AML).
- Design and oversight of the company’s Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and Counter Terrorist Financing (CTF) frameworks, including escalating suspicions to the National Crime Agency.
- Oversight of key operational processes required by regulators (inc. reconciliations, disbursements, fraud monitoring & SARs).
- Oversight of key risk management processes required by regulators (inc. BCP/DR, capital and liquidity risk management & internal reporting).
- Advise Product, Engineering and Operations on compliance requirements for customer-facing and internal products and systems.
- Prepare materials and present to the Risk and Compliance Committee.
- Maintenance of strategic (enterprise) risk register and categorisation of risks.
- Consulted on identified strategic risks and risk management plans.
- Act as “third line of defence” for operational and security risk management, including oversight of IT strategy, operational and security risk registers, management plans, and business continuity/disaster recovery planning arrangements.
- Informed of and consulted on operational and security incidents related to delivery of the regulated service.
- Formulation and maintenance of the company’s compliance and governance policy library.
- Escalation point for regulatory complaints made by customers.
- Input on communication of company values and ethics.
- Lead the annual “data mapping exercise” for Yoyo Wallet Ltd.
- Advise on day-to-day data protection queries and raise awareness amongst staff.
- Consulted on the company’s governance, risk management and committee structure.
- Conduct ad-hoc and scheduled internal compliance audits of key risk areas.
- Horizon scan for regulatory change and project manage implementation projects related to the same.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & APTITUDES
Minimum skills & aptitudes
- Able to blend pragmatism and rigour to find solutions to complex compliance problems that enhance and protect strategic goals.
- Able to pro-actively anticipate likely risk or issues and mitigate ahead of time
- Able to manage own workload.
- Able to influence senior management and first-line staff.
- Able to distil complex concepts into digestible insights for internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Degree level qualification in law or related fields
- Knowledge of key cybersecurity and risk management concepts
- 3-5 years’ experience in compliance, risk management, or audit roles
- Qualification in financial compliance (e.g. CISI Level 6 Diploma)
- Thorough understanding of key legislation and regulation including PSD2 & implementing legislation, FCA Handbook, GDPR & the Data Protection Act, Bribery Act 2010, Anti-Money Laundering Regulation
- A Bachelor's degree in Law, Business or related field is an asset
Values - How we show up to achieve this:
Be extremely customer centric
In everything we do, serve and delight our customers, using data to continuously improve.
Be a passionate team player
Spiral up, be positive, bring momentum, and energy to those around you, leave ego at the door and be teachable.
Be an owner
Be accountable and take responsibility. Find solutions, learn from your mistakes and own tasks to completion.
Be world class at speed
Delivering world leading solutions that delight our clients and customers.
Be curious and creative
Constantly innovating, exploring, learning, stretching ourselves, pushing the boundaries and thinking out of the box.