- Paarden Eiland Rd, Cape Town, 7420, South Africa
- Employees can work remotely
Yoyo powers some of the world’s leading retail brands, through customer loyalty and rewards software solutions, to offer the world's most rewarding buying experience.
We create a space where passionate, smart, curious and creative people thrive.
Our values are our way of being, and how we show up every day.
This is how we help our clients build their best business and our staff build a career to be proud of. Living these values builds an environment where world-class passionate people create world-class scalable products that delight customers and consumers and drive scalable profit and revenue growth.
At Yoyo, we’re building the world’s most rewarding in-store buying experience.
As a Senior Product Designer, you will help steer that experience for our iOS and Android app users and create a product that both our users and retailer partners love.
- As a Senior Product Designer at Yoyo you will work within a cross functional product team to deliver exciting new mobile products and features
- You will work closely with your product manager to conduct research, identify problems and explore and develop solutions
- You will champion the user experience across our suite of digital products and collaborate with other designers to ensure a holistic experience
- You will challenge your assumptions and stress test your designs through A/B testing and user research findings while also workshopping with team members
- You will work across our entire suite of mobile products including our flagship aggregator apps Yoyo Wallet and Yoyo Go, as well as the whitelabelled apps we build for clients such as Caffe Nero and Coco Di Mama
- You will collaborate with designers and developers to grow the Yoyo design system that all our apps pull from (we use shared Figma libraries for designs and Zero Height for documentation)
- You will help mentor other designers and run feedback and critique sessions
- You have at least 4 years of product design experience and a strong portfolio including B2C design work demonstrating your design process
- You are a keen problem solver and involve yourself in all aspects of product design, from discovery to delivery
- You make evidenced based design decisions and utilize research methods such as product analytics, A/B testing and user interviews/surveys to challenge your assumptions
- You are experienced with creating wireframes, user flows and interactive prototypes in programs such as Figma to articulate your design decisions to your team and stakeholders
- You have strong UI skills and make beautiful finished products
- You think in systems and consider the ripple effects that a single design decision can have on the overall user experience and the design system
- You are familiar with iOS and Android best practices and experienced in collaborating with mobile developers and design handover
Relevant University Degree/ Diploma
- Be passionate: Spiral up, be positive, bring momentum, and energy to those around you
- Be an owner: Be accountable and take responsibility. Find solutions, learn from your mistakes and own tasks to completion
- Be world class at speed: Delivering world leading solutions at speed
- Be curious and creative: Constantly innovating, exploring, learning, stretching yourself, pushing the boundaries and thinking out of the box
- Be a team player: Leave ego at the door, be teachable, engaged, inclusive, and transparent. Bring the best of yourself and the best out of others, rallying behind a larger team mission