Junior Tech Product Manager - Temporary (3 Month) Paid Position
- NJ-38, Cherry Hill, NJ 08002, USA
Youth Represent is a legal services organization dedicated to improving the lives and futures of young people affected by the criminal justice system. A conviction, an arrest, or even a simple interaction with police can have lasting consequences for young people, threatening the stability they need to thrive. When our justice system creates barriers to success for youth, we use the law to help them leave the stigma of a criminal record behind.
Youth Represent is seeking a Junior Product Manager to join a small team exploring how technology and design can be used to connect young people to legal help. This is a great opportunity for someone interested in a career in tech to explore the field and gain experience. We are looking for a motivated and energetic individual with an interest in technology and social justice to help us learn more about the tech needs of young people and other key partners over the next three months. Young people impacted by the criminal justice system are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Providing input on tech product/tool features
- Outreaching to young people and partner organizations who will test product/tool
- Collecting information and data
- Facilitating follow up surveys and outreach
- Helping with data analysis
This is a temporary (3 month) and part-time position. The position will be 20 hours per week at a rate of $15/hour.
The start date for this position is in mid-September.
Apply if You:
- Have excellent communication skills and like working with people
- Are extremely well-organized and can work both independently and on a team
- Have good judgment and a strong work ethic and attention to detail
- Have experience using basic technology (computers, tablets, phones) and have taken initiative to build on that experience.
- Are interested in social or racial justice issues
- Spanish fluency a plus
Formal training in technology not required. We are looking for someone who is comfortable using technology and motivated to learn more.
If interested, please submit a resume and short cover letter explaining why you are the right person for the job.
Youth Represent is an equal opportunity employer that considers all applications without regard to race, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation or preference, religion, marital status, disability, veteran status, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Young people with experience of the criminal justice system are strongly encouraged to apply.
Application deadline is August 31, 2017. We are accepting applications on a rolling basis and will fill the position as soon as possible.