SDET - Software Development Engineer in Test
YouScience is a rapidly growing SaaS business focused on solutions in the education and workforce development sectors with nearly a million users in 7k+ schools globally. We combine revolutionary aptitude-based career guidance with industry-recognized certifications that empower students to uncover their natural talent, validate their skills and knowledge, and pursue their best-fit educational pathways and careers.
Our platform uses real measures of aptitudes via psychometrically valid “brain games” to determine a user’s unique set of natural abilities. When combined with interests, the results yield very accurate career recommendations and deep personal insights. Our industry-recognized Career and Technical Education (CTE) certifications help students validate the knowledge and skills they have gained in the classroom and match them to employment opportunities and continuing education. Taken together, our suite of products expands students’ vision of opportunity and equips educators to better guide students in their educational and career decisions.
- Lead the design and development of quality infrastructure that encourages the optimal combination of unit/component/integration and end to end tests.
- Envision, design and develop tools, frameworks and testing infrastructure to facilitate the testing by multiple teams, this includes analyzing requirements, assessing testability, identifying automation opportunities and implementing them for projects where the work will be run by multiple businesses in parallel.
- Provide oversight over test infrastructure to ensure release quality and production launch readiness
- Lead effort towards simplifying test tools and technologies in terms of efficiency, effectiveness stability, extensibility, and scalability.
- Develop quality metrics and use data to drive actions and decisions
- Work with Engineers & Architects to develop best practices for software quality assurance across multiple software teams
- Actively participate in cross team design reviews
- Maintain a complete understanding and visibility of upcoming product functionality, release schedules, and dependency risks across development teams
- Deep dive into code / logs to troubleshoot errors and look at the entire process holistically to identify areas for improvement
- Assist in the career development of others, actively mentoring individuals and the community
- Exert technical influence over multiple teams, increasing their productivity and effectiveness by sharing your deep knowledge and expertise.
- At least 5 years of experience planning, building, and orchestrating software testing frameworks
- Extensive professional hands-on experience as a Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET)
- Great Computer Science fundamentals knowledge and experience in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving and complexity analysis
- Proficient in, at least, one modern programming language such as Java, C, C++, C#, or Python
- Experience writing test plans, test automation and test cases
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, automation and operations
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through launch of the project
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs
We empower others
We perform as a cohesive championship team
We are all leaders
We never stop growing
We make a positive impact
We show respect in word and in deed
We remember that life is bigger than our work
YouScience is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or another legally protected status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.