Customer Support Specialist
- 751 E 700 S, American Fork, UT 84003, USA
YouScience is a rapidly growing SaaS business focused on solutions in the education and workforce development sectors with nearly a million users in 7k+ schools globally. With headquarters American Fork, UT. We combine revolutionary aptitude-based career guidance with industry-recognized certifications that empower students to uncover their natural talent, validate their skills and knowledge, and pursue their best-fit educational pathways and careers.
Our platform uses real measures of aptitudes via psychometrically valid “brain games” to determine a user’s unique set of natural abilities. When combined with interests, the results yield very accurate career recommendations and deep personal insights. Our industry-recognized Career and Technical Education (CTE) certifications help students validate the knowledge and skills they have gained in the classroom and match them to employment opportunities and continuing education. Taken together, our suite of products expands students’ vision of opportunity and equips educators to better guide students in their educational and career decisions.
Job Description – Customer Support Specialist (Full-Time)
Our customer support team loves helping people! We understand the challenges facing teachers and students and are motivated to solve users’ problems quickly. Whether the request comes via chat, phone, or email, we communicate with empathy and create a positive customer experience through our interaction.
YouScience is growing, and our customer support teammates are looking to get in on the ground floor of an organization with significant opportunity for growth and advancement. We are team players who are committed to doing whatever is required to meet customers’ needs, regardless of whose responsibility it “should” be. We’re not satisfied with, “that’s how it’s always been done.” We think critically, adapt quickly, and have fun while we do it.
This position is located in office, at our American Fork, UT headquarters.
- Respond to customer inquiries via online chat, telephone, or email in a helpful and timely manner, efficiently solving issues and pursuing the matter until it is solved
- Exhibit a positive attitude and enthusiasm toward the job and company to both internal and external customers in all forms of communication
- Develop and display deep knowledge of our products and how our customers use them
- Document interactions with customers in CRM system
- Capture and report client feedback and suggestions
- Record and report customer issues, adhering to internal systems and processes
- Assist with customer account set-up in multiple systems, including account creation, data entry, sending onboarding emails to clients, etc.
- Act as subject matter expert or project owner as assigned
- Conduct customer training webinars
- Perform additional duties (cross-departmental) as required
- Able to communicate effectively and efficiently via chat, email, and telephone, with proper grammar and punctuation
- Comfortable working in dynamic environment
- Comfortable working in an open workplace environment
- Experience and expertise with technology; able to engage with multiple platforms simultaneously
- Proven ability to complete multiple projects simultaneously while paying strict attention to detail
- Able to work independently while also adhering to defined procedures and processes
- Team-oriented, willing to help where needed
- Desire to learn and grow with our expanding company
- Attention to detail
- High school diploma or equivalent required; college degree preferred
- 2-4 years work experience in an office setting preferred
- Flexibility in your available work hours – We offer support coverage from 5 AM to 6 PM (Mountain).
You may be asked to cover early AM or late PM shifts, and shift may vary over time according to company needs.
YouScience Company Values:
- We empower others. In all that we do we seek to empower others to better achieve their goals and contribute to their personal, team, and company success. We expand equity and access to opportunities and information, and we encourage personal exploration, growth, responsibility, and accountability.
- We perform as a cohesive championship team! To be great teammates we seek first to understand others and we communicate honestly, proactively, openly, courageously, professionally, and quickly. We are coachable and humble, seeking feedback from others while leaving behind our pride, defensiveness, and egos – we do not seek to be offended. We trust our teammates and we build our personal trust by being accountable and responsible for our words and actions. We embrace team and personal accountability and use accountability measures to drive improvement.
- We are all leaders. Each one of us is a leader to those around us. We use our influence, attitude, example, and actions to help uplift and guide others to our team goals. Leadership is earned and demonstrated by being humble enough to do whatever it takes to get the job done in the best way possible, regardless of job title, tenure, or hierarchy. We are purposeful, passionate, and invested in the important Mission of YouScience.
- We never stop growing. We are dedicated to professional and personal growth – in ourselves and in others. We never want to stop growing because the more we grow the more we are experiencing new and amazing things – this inspires us. We believe that hard work is noble and inspiring, and we set big goals and push ourselves to accomplish great things. We recognize that if we’re coasting, we’re going downhill – away from our goals and our best selves.
- We make a positive impact. Making a positive impact comes from doing good, doing things that we are proud of, that are built to last, and that improve the lives of others now and in the future. With everyone we interact with or influence we strive to make a positive difference in their lives. We live and work in such a way that when others talk about us it will be said, “they are truly awesome – I am a better person today because of who they are and what they did.”
- We show respect in word and in deed. We work with amazing team members, individual users, customers, and partners and we proactively strive to show our appreciation for them by the things we do and say to them. We particularly believe that dedicated educators are frontline heroes that deserve our respect and best efforts. We never take those we serve for granted – it is truly our privilege to be a part of their lives.
- We remember that life is bigger than our work. While our Mission is critically important and urgent, it ultimately is about helping individuals enjoy fulfilled, engaged, and happy lives – that includes everyone at YouScience. We love the humanity of us all – our quirks, our strengthens, our weaknesses, our goodness. We work hard to see others for who they are – unique individuals with hopes and dreams, fears and worries, joys and pains beyond what we normally see at work.
- Mission oriented, collaborative culture
- Impact the lives of millions of American students
- Ongoing support for continuing education and career development Opportunity to work and learn alongside some of the industry’s most passionate innovators
- Great medical, dental, vision benefits
- 15 days paid time off (PTO) per year
- 14+ paid holidays per year
- Partial internet and cell phone reimbursement
- Community service opportunities
- We empower others
- We perform as a cohesive championship team
- We are all leaders
- We never stop growing
- We make a positive impact
- We show respect in word and in deed
- We remember that life is bigger than our work
YouScience is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or another legally protected status.