Vice President of Strategic Partnerships
- 751 E 700 S, American Fork, UT 84003, USA
- Employees can work remotely
YouScience is a rapidly growing SaaS business focused on solutions in the education and workforce development sectors with nearly a million users in 7k+ schools globally. With headquarters American Fork, UT. We combine revolutionary aptitude-based career guidance with industry-recognized certifications that empower students to uncover their natural talent, validate their skills and knowledge, and pursue their best-fit educational pathways and careers.
Our platform uses real measures of aptitudes via psychometrically valid “brain games” to determine a user’s unique set of natural abilities. When combined with interests, the results yield very accurate career recommendations and deep personal insights. Our industry-recognized Career and Technical Education (CTE) certifications help students validate the knowledge and skills they have gained in the classroom and match them to employment opportunities and continuing education. Taken together, our suite of products expands students’ vision of opportunity and equips educators to better guide students in their educational and career decisions.
Core objectives of the role:
- Build a strong pipeline of potential revenue driving partners
- Deliver on annual revenue targets as set by the business
- Deliver through solutions selling, value-based proposition using consultation, expert advice and building trusted advisor status.
- Educate and engage with prospects throughout the lifecycle of the relationship to enhance and build strong relationships for the future.
If successful, you will be responsible for:
- Prospecting and discovery process - Adapt our sales process to work with prospective partners through your network and through creation selling to communicate our value proposition effectively.
- Consulting as a trusted advisor - listen to our potential partners and explore how Youscience can help them solve their problems
- Pipeline development - Identify & negotiate potential strategic opportunities with the partners in your pipeline through continued nurturing and relationship building.
- Negotiating and delivering pricing - Ensure you deliver our pricing as represented by the value that Youscience brings to come to a mutually beneficial agreement.
- Closing Business - Bring deals to a close in a timely manner consistent with targets
- Customer/market feedback - Identify and expand existing partner>product feedback loops to streamline information gathering and sharing.
What experience and skills are we looking for:
- A minimum of 4-5 years Strategic Partnership & Business Development experience in an education technology business with a proven track record in meeting or exceeding quota.
- Experience with SaaS / B2B Enterprise relationships and contract negotiation
- A solid ‘black book’ of contacts in the education and ed-tech market
- A strong interest in education and a personal passion for learning
- Willingness to travel (up to 25%)
- Experience using a CRM system (like Hubspot)
- A proven experience working with cross-functional groups (Marketing, Customer Success, Engineering, Business Development, Product, and Sales) towards achieving sales goals.
Competencies that will make you successful in the role:
- Strong business & commercial acumen.
- Strong communicator: ability to listen first and foremost.
- Builds trust through transparency and clear messaging.
- Desire to build deep knowledge levels of our product and the value it adds.
- Persistence and passion for the customer and their needs.
- Highly organized; strong project, planning and time management skills.
- Consultative skills: strong problem solving skills, ability to adapt to challenging situations with creativity and resourcefulness.
- Strong commercial skills especially around negotiating and closing deals.
- Sound understanding of commercial decision making.
- Working autonomously with limited support and guidance.
- Actively live and promote Youscience’s values; be a role model to others around you.
YouScience Company Values:
- We empower others. In all that we do we seek to empower others to better achieve their goals and contribute to their personal, team, and company success. We expand equity and access to opportunities and information, and we encourage personal exploration, growth, responsibility, and accountability.
- We perform as a cohesive championship team! To be great teammates we seek first to understand others and we communicate honestly, proactively, openly, courageously, professionally, and quickly. We are coachable and humble, seeking feedback from others while leaving behind our pride, defensiveness, and egos – we do not seek to be offended. We trust our teammates and we build our personal trust by being accountable and responsible for our words and actions. We embrace team and personal accountability and use accountability measures to drive improvement.
- We are all leaders. Each one of us is a leader to those around us. We use our influence, attitude, example, and actions to help uplift and guide others to our team goals. Leadership is earned and demonstrated by being humble enough to do whatever it takes to get the job done in the best way possible, regardless of job title, tenure, or hierarchy. We are purposeful, passionate, and invested in the important Mission of YouScience.
- We never stop growing. We are dedicated to professional and personal growth – in ourselves and in others. We never want to stop growing because the more we grow the more we are experiencing new and amazing things – this inspires us. We believe that hard work is noble and inspiring, and we set big goals and push ourselves to accomplish great things. We recognize that if we’re coasting, we’re going downhill – away from our goals and our best selves.
- We make a positive impact. Making a positive impact comes from doing good, doing things that we are proud of, that are built to last, and that improve the lives of others now and in the future. With everyone we interact with or influence we strive to make a positive difference in their lives. We live and work in such a way that when others talk about us it will be said, “they are truly awesome – I am a better person today because of who they are and what they did.”
- We show respect in word and in deed. We work with amazing team members, individual users, customers, and partners and we proactively strive to show our appreciation for them by the things we do and say to them. We particularly believe that dedicated educators are frontline heroes that deserve our respect and best efforts. We never take those we serve for granted – it is truly our privilege to be a part of their lives.
- We remember that life is bigger than our work. While our Mission is critically important and urgent, it ultimately is about helping individuals enjoy fulfilled, engaged, and happy lives – that includes everyone at YouScience. We love the humanity of us all – our quirks, our strengthens, our weaknesses, our goodness. We work hard to see others for who they are – unique individuals with hopes and dreams, fears and worries, joys and pains beyond what we normally see at work.
- Mission oriented, collaborative culture
- Impact the lives of millions of American students
- Flexibility to work in American Fork, UT or remote
- Ongoing support for continuing education and career development Opportunity to work and learn alongside some of the industry’s most passionate innovators
- Great medical, dental, vision benefits
- 15 days paid time off (PTO) per year
- 14+ paid holidays per year
- Partial internet and cell phone reimbursement
- Community service opportunities
- We empower others
- We perform as a cohesive championship team
- We are all leaders
- We never stop growing
- We make a positive impact
- We show respect in word and in deed
- We remember that life is bigger than our work
YouScience is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or another legally protected status.