QA Analyst - Experienced
- 751 E 700 S, American Fork, UT 84003, USA
YouScience is a rapidly growing SaaS business focused on solutions in the education and workforce development sectors with nearly a million users in 7k+ schools globally. With headquarters American Fork, UT. We combine revolutionary aptitude-based career guidance with industry-recognized certifications that empower students to uncover their natural talent, validate their skills and knowledge, and pursue their best-fit educational pathways and careers.
Our platform uses real measures of aptitudes via psychometrically valid “brain games” to determine a user’s unique set of natural abilities. When combined with interests, the results yield very accurate career recommendations and deep personal insights. Our industry-recognized Career and Technical Education (CTE) certifications help students validate the knowledge and skills they have gained in the classroom and match them to employment opportunities and continuing education. Taken together, our suite of products expands students’ vision of opportunity and equips educators to better guide students in their educational and career decisions.
The Quality Assurance Analyst is responsible for developing and executing test plans for company projects. The successful candidate will work closely with various departments to perform and validate test cases based on quality. You will be responsible for ensuring that the product meets the minimum quality standards, is fully functional and user-friendly.
To be successful as a Quality Analyst, you should demonstrate strong attention to detail and have analytical and problem-solving abilities. The ideal candidate must be able to interpret and implement quality assurance standards and provide accurate and comprehensive feedback to colleagues. It is essential that the candidate have excellent documentation and communication skills. You will be working as an integral part of one or more agile development teams.
● Develop and execute test plans to ensure that all objectives are met
● Document test criteria in Jira and Confluence work management tools as part of an agile process
● Identify and remedy defects within the production process
● Recommend, implement, and monitor preventative and corrective actions to ensure that quality assurance standards are achieved
● Compile and analyze statistical data
● Performing detailed requirements analysis
● Ensure that user expectations are met during the testing process
● Draft quality assurance policies and procedures
● Investigate customer complaints and product issues
● Gathering critical information from meetings with various stakeholders and producing useful reports
● Ensure ongoing compliance with quality and industry regulatory requirements
● Ensure customer error reports are validated, well documented, and actionable before being sent to engineering
What You Should Have
● 3+ Years of QA Analyst / Technical Business Analyst experience in a SaaS business
● Experience in quality inspection, auditing, and testing
● Experience in understanding database structures and relationships
● Proficiency in writing and executing SQL queries.
● Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
● Strong computer skills and knowledge of QA, databases and applications
● Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
● Meticulous attention to detail
What We Hope You Have
● 5+ Years of QA Analyst / Technical Business Analyst experience in a SaaS business
● A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or a related field or commensurate professional training and experience
● Experience working with JIRA and Confluence work management tools
● The desire to engage with stakeholders across the company to drive continuous improvement of our product line
YouScience Company Values:
- We empower others. In all that we do we seek to empower others to better achieve their goals and contribute to their personal, team, and company success. We expand equity and access to opportunities and information, and we encourage personal exploration, growth, responsibility, and accountability.
- We perform as a cohesive championship team! To be great teammates we seek first to understand others and we communicate honestly, proactively, openly, courageously, professionally, and quickly. We are coachable and humble, seeking feedback from others while leaving behind our pride, defensiveness, and egos – we do not seek to be offended. We trust our teammates and we build our personal trust by being accountable and responsible for our words and actions. We embrace team and personal accountability and use accountability measures to drive improvement.
- We are all leaders. Each one of us is a leader to those around us. We use our influence, attitude, example, and actions to help uplift and guide others to our team goals. Leadership is earned and demonstrated by being humble enough to do whatever it takes to get the job done in the best way possible, regardless of job title, tenure, or hierarchy. We are purposeful, passionate, and invested in the important Mission of YouScience.
- We never stop growing. We are dedicated to professional and personal growth – in ourselves and in others. We never want to stop growing because the more we grow the more we are experiencing new and amazing things – this inspires us. We believe that hard work is noble and inspiring, and we set big goals and push ourselves to accomplish great things. We recognize that if we’re coasting, we’re going downhill – away from our goals and our best selves.
- We make a positive impact. Making a positive impact comes from doing good, doing things that we are proud of, that are built to last, and that improve the lives of others now and in the future. With everyone we interact with or influence we strive to make a positive difference in their lives. We live and work in such a way that when others talk about us it will be said, “they are truly awesome – I am a better person today because of who they are and what they did.”
- We show respect in word and in deed. We work with amazing team members, individual users, customers, and partners and we proactively strive to show our appreciation for them by the things we do and say to them. We particularly believe that dedicated educators are frontline heroes that deserve our respect and best efforts. We never take those we serve for granted – it is truly our privilege to be a part of their lives.
- We remember that life is bigger than our work. While our Mission is critically important and urgent, it ultimately is about helping individuals enjoy fulfilled, engaged, and happy lives – that includes everyone at YouScience. We love the humanity of us all – our quirks, our strengthens, our weaknesses, our goodness. We work hard to see others for who they are – unique individuals with hopes and dreams, fears and worries, joys and pains beyond what we normally see at work.
- Mission oriented, collaborative culture
- Impact the lives of millions of American students
- Flexibility to work in American Fork, UT or remote
- Ongoing support for continuing education and career development Opportunity to work and learn alongside some of the industry’s most passionate innovators
- Great medical, dental, vision benefits
- 15 days paid time off (PTO) per year
- 14+ paid holidays per year
- Partial internet and cell phone reimbursement
- Community service opportunities
- We empower others
- We perform as a cohesive championship team
- We are all leaders
- We never stop growing
- We make a positive impact
- We show respect in word and in deed
- We remember that life is bigger than our work
YouScience is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or another legally protected status.