Regional Sales Director - Florida
- 751 E 700 S, American Fork, UT 84003, USA
- Employees can work remotely
YouScience is a rapidly growing SaaS business focused on solutions in the education and workforce development sectors with nearly a million users in 7k+ schools globally. With headquarters American Fork, UT. We combine revolutionary aptitude-based career guidance with industry-recognized certifications that empower students to uncover their natural talent, validate their skills and knowledge, and pursue their best-fit educational pathways and careers.
Our platform uses real measures of aptitudes via psychometrically valid “brain games” to determine a user’s unique set of natural abilities. When combined with interests, the results yield very accurate career recommendations and deep personal insights. Our industry-recognized Career and Technical Education (CTE) certifications help students validate the knowledge and skills they have gained in the classroom and match them to employment opportunities and continuing education. Taken together, our suite of products expands students’ vision of opportunity and equips educators to better guide students in their educational and career decisions.
YouScience is a rapidly growing SaaS business focused on solutions in the education and workforce development sectors with millions of users in schools across the US and globally. Headquarters in American Fork, UT, we combine revolutionary aptitude-based career guidance with industry-recognized certifications that empower students to uncover their natural talent, validate their skills and knowledge, and pursue their best-fit educational pathways and careers.
Wanting to join a fast-paced startup company that is changing education? If you are someone that genuinely enjoys working with and helping people, is a talented presenter, trained listener, and embraces the fast pace and fluid environment of a small and growing company then YouScience is looking for you. We are seeking a full-time Regional Sales Director with a hunter-mentality, and a relentless desire to win and close business to increase market share in their region. A successful candidate will be driven, organized, possess excellent time management, presentation, and negotiation skills. Must thrive in full-cycle and consultative sales process managing a region of states.
This role also requires collaboration with Customer Success Managers as well as Business Development to create and close renewal/upsell opportunities, and to connect Industry and Education within the region.
They must effectively prioritize essential activities to meet sales targets, while working in a collaborative environment with other internal teams to drive state specific go-to market strategies across a state or region. They must be adept at quickly developing relationships with decision makers, uncovering opportunities, and showing alignment to YouScience solutions.
- Proactively engage with prospects and articulate value proposition of the YouScience Promise primarily through phone calls, emails, and online demos
- Develop and execute new and renewal business and implement expansion strategies to meet sales targets
- Prepare and deliver tailored presentations and demos for prospects and customers, including larger audiences, CTE Directors and Superintendents
- Regularly align with all internal functional teams ensuring project deliverables and customer expectations align with services offered
- Maintain a growth mentality, think outside the box, and seek constant skill improvement and knowledge while working collaboratively with peers
- Exceptional time management, organizational skills, and responsiveness to customer needs
What you should have:
- Bachelor’s degree -or- equivalent sales experience
- 5+ years new business solution-selling in a competitive market
- Software sales experience with SaaS, LMS, or CRM preferred
- Ability to travel (post COVID, minimal up to 10%)
- Excellent in-person and online presentation skills
- Ability to nurture and close deals over an extended sale cycle
In addition, the ideal candidate will have:
- Experience working within or selling to K-12 Career & Technical Education
- Experience or familiarity with Florida CAPE Funding List
- Experience working with state and district level leadership (Director/Superintendent)
YouScience Company Values:
- We empower others. In all that we do we seek to empower others to better achieve their goals and contribute to their personal, team, and company success. We expand equity and access to opportunities and information, and we encourage personal exploration, growth, responsibility, and accountability.
- We perform as a cohesive championship team! To be great teammates we seek first to understand others and we communicate honestly, proactively, openly, courageously, professionally, and quickly. We are coachable and humble, seeking feedback from others while leaving behind our pride, defensiveness, and egos – we do not seek to be offended. We trust our teammates and we build our personal trust by being accountable and responsible for our words and actions. We embrace team and personal accountability and use accountability measures to drive improvement.
- We are all leaders. Each one of us is a leader to those around us. We use our influence, attitude, example, and actions to help uplift and guide others to our team goals. Leadership is earned and demonstrated by being humble enough to do whatever it takes to get the job done in the best way possible, regardless of job title, tenure, or hierarchy. We are purposeful, passionate, and invested in the important Mission of YouScience.
- We never stop growing. We are dedicated to professional and personal growth – in ourselves and in others. We never want to stop growing because the more we grow the more we are experiencing new and amazing things – this inspires us. We believe that hard work is noble and inspiring, and we set big goals and push ourselves to accomplish great things. We recognize that if we’re coasting, we’re going downhill – away from our goals and our best selves.
- We make a positive impact. Making a positive impact comes from doing good, doing things that we are proud of, that are built to last, and that improve the lives of others now and in the future. With everyone we interact with or influence we strive to make a positive difference in their lives. We live and work in such a way that when others talk about us it will be said, “they are truly awesome – I am a better person today because of who they are and what they did.”
- We show respect in word and in deed. We work with amazing team members, individual users, customers, and partners and we proactively strive to show our appreciation for them by the things we do and say to them. We particularly believe that dedicated educators are frontline heroes that deserve our respect and best efforts. We never take those we serve for granted – it is truly our privilege to be a part of their lives.
- We remember that life is bigger than our work. While our Mission is critically important and urgent, it ultimately is about helping individuals enjoy fulfilled, engaged, and happy lives – that includes everyone at YouScience. We love the humanity of us all – our quirks, our strengthens, our weaknesses, our goodness. We work hard to see others for who they are – unique individuals with hopes and dreams, fears and worries, joys and pains beyond what we normally see at work.
- Mission oriented, collaborative culture
- Impact the lives of millions of American students
- Flexibility to work in American Fork, UT or remote
- Ongoing support for continuing education and career development Opportunity to work and learn alongside some of the industry’s most passionate innovators
- Great medical, dental, vision benefits
- 15 days paid time off (PTO) per year
- 14+ paid holidays per year
- Partial internet and cell phone reimbursement
- Community service opportunities
- We empower others
- We perform as a cohesive championship team
- We are all leaders
- We never stop growing
- We make a positive impact
- We show respect in word and in deed
- We remember that life is bigger than our work
YouScience is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or another legally protected status.