Director of Talent / Sr. Technical Recruiter
- 751 W 200 S St, American Fork, UT 84003, USA
YouScience is a rapidly growing SaaS business focused on solutions in the education and workforce development sectors with nearly a million users in 7k+ schools globally. With headquarters American Fork, UT. We combine revolutionary aptitude-based career guidance with industry-recognized certifications that empower students to uncover their natural talent, validate their skills and knowledge, and pursue their best-fit educational pathways and careers.
Our platform uses real measures of aptitudes via psychometrically valid “brain games” to determine a user’s unique set of natural abilities. When combined with interests, the results yield very accurate career recommendations and deep personal insights. Our industry-recognized Career and Technical Education (CTE) certifications help students validate the knowledge and skills they have gained in the classroom and match them to employment opportunities and continuing education. Taken together, our suite of products expands students’ vision of opportunity and equips educators to better guide students in their educational and career decisions.
The primary purpose for this position is to source and recruit active and passive candidates for technical, marketing, and sales positions. This position, as part of a recruiting team, builds an internal database of qualified candidates for present and future needs. This role will also provide guidance to executives, hiring managers, and interviewers, and will serve as the company’s lead recruiter for a particular practice or function. This particular role will focus on roles in Youscience's Infrastructure practices, but may support any practice area as needed.
- As an experienced, proactive, and creative Senior Recruiter, you will report to the CEO.
- In this role, you’ll be managing full cycle recruitment for permanent hiring.
- You will be supporting a variety of business groups to include but not limited to Finance, Legal, Compliance, HR, and Communications.
- You’ll be making a vital contribution to the future success by ensuring we are continuously attracting qualified and diverse talent.
- For this role, you’ll need experience in full cycle recruiting with local market knowledge in the EdTech industry.
- You should have demonstrated experience working collaboratively with HR and Compensation.
- In addition, you should have current knowledge of compliance with employment laws in recruiting activities.
- Experience managing both the candidate and hiring manager experience is imperative to success.
- Within the scope of job requires critical thinking and decisive judgement and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- The ability to introduce new sourcing methods to achieve results is critical, as is a delivery-focused attitude towards defined recruiting and talent acquisition OKRs to include diversity attraction strategies.
- Minimum of 5-7+ years of large corporate and agency technical recruiting experience, across various technical disciplines, including software engineering, system architecture, data services and all related functional software and services professionals
- Extensive experience developing and executing fully comprehensive sourcing/recruitment plans
- Experience meeting time to fill, quantity, quality, diversity, and internal hiring
- Exceptional problem solving skills
- Taking the lead on mentoring peers and leading and executing on projects
- Deep experience using social media tools for sourcing and branding efforts; tools include but not limited to: LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, and Diversity oriented sites & Blogs
- Expertise in advanced Boolean and/or Semantic searching
- Proven ability to support/interact and advise senior level management
- A strong business acumen with the ability to understand & interpret complex business needs and business structure
- Ability to analyze job descriptions and candidate profiles to determine target profile needs and appropriate match
- Experience in a role where multiple projects and competing demands are the norm
- Excellent consultative skills and proven success developing strong, collaborative relationships across multiple departments and levels
- Proven experience engaging high-potential prospects through targeted sourcing and cold calling
- Knowledge of enterprise-wide Applicant Tracking systems and proven experience working in a results measured environment
- Must be able to work effectively in a team environment and communicate effectively across multiple departments and levels.
- Work with little direction or supervision
- Strong negotiation and presentation skills
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Resourceful, with exceptional problem solving skills
- Ability to maintain confidential information
YouScience Company Values:
- We empower others. In all that we do we seek to empower others to better achieve their goals and contribute to their personal, team, and company success. We expand equity and access to opportunities and information, and we encourage personal exploration, growth, responsibility, and accountability.
- We perform as a cohesive championship team! To be great teammates we seek first to understand others and we communicate honestly, proactively, openly, courageously, professionally, and quickly. We are coachable and humble, seeking feedback from others while leaving behind our pride, defensiveness, and egos – we do not seek to be offended. We trust our teammates and we build our personal trust by being accountable and responsible for our words and actions. We embrace team and personal accountability and use accountability measures to drive improvement.
- We are all leaders. Each one of us is a leader to those around us. We use our influence, attitude, example, and actions to help uplift and guide others to our team goals. Leadership is earned and demonstrated by being humble enough to do whatever it takes to get the job done in the best way possible, regardless of job title, tenure, or hierarchy. We are purposeful, passionate, and invested in the important Mission of YouScience.
- We never stop growing. We are dedicated to professional and personal growth – in ourselves and in others. We never want to stop growing because the more we grow the more we are experiencing new and amazing things – this inspires us. We believe that hard work is noble and inspiring, and we set big goals and push ourselves to accomplish great things. We recognize that if we’re coasting, we’re going downhill – away from our goals and our best selves.
- We make a positive impact. Making a positive impact comes from doing good, doing things that we are proud of, that are built to last, and that improve the lives of others now and in the future. With everyone we interact with or influence we strive to make a positive difference in their lives. We live and work in such a way that when others talk about us it will be said, “they are truly awesome – I am a better person today because of who they are and what they did.”
- We show respect in word and in deed. We work with amazing team members, individual users, customers, and partners and we proactively strive to show our appreciation for them by the things we do and say to them. We particularly believe that dedicated educators are frontline heroes that deserve our respect and best efforts. We never take those we serve for granted – it is truly our privilege to be a part of their lives.
- We remember that life is bigger than our work. While our Mission is critically important and urgent, it ultimately is about helping individuals enjoy fulfilled, engaged, and happy lives – that includes everyone at YouScience. We love the humanity of us all – our quirks, our strengthens, our weaknesses, our goodness. We work hard to see others for who they are – unique individuals with hopes and dreams, fears and worries, joys and pains beyond what we normally see at work.
- Mission oriented, collaborative culture
- Impact the lives of millions of American students
- Flexibility to work in American Fork, UT or remote
- Ongoing support for continuing education and career development Opportunity to work and learn alongside some of the industry’s most passionate innovators
- Great medical, dental, vision benefits
- 15 days paid time off (PTO) per year
- 14+ paid holidays per year
- Partial internet and cell phone reimbursement
- Community service opportunities
- We empower others
- We perform as a cohesive championship team
- We are all leaders
- We never stop growing
- We make a positive impact
- We show respect in word and in deed
- We remember that life is bigger than our work
YouScience is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or another legally protected status.