- 751 E 700 S, American Fork, UT 84003, USA
- Employees can work remotely
YouScience is a rapidly growing SaaS business focused on solutions in the education and workforce development sectors with nearly a million users in 7k+ schools globally. With headquarters American Fork, UT. We combine revolutionary aptitude-based career guidance with industry-recognized certifications that empower students to uncover their natural talent, validate their skills and knowledge, and pursue their best-fit educational pathways and careers.
Our platform uses real measures of aptitudes via psychometrically valid “brain games” to determine a user’s unique set of natural abilities. When combined with interests, the results yield very accurate career recommendations and deep personal insights. Our industry-recognized Career and Technical Education (CTE) certifications help students validate the knowledge and skills they have gained in the classroom and match them to employment opportunities and continuing education. Taken together, our suite of products expands students’ vision of opportunity and equips educators to better guide students in their educational and career decisions.
Our frontend stack is Phoenix LiveView / React with our back end in Elixir / Rails and PostgreSQL. We are looking for self-motivated people who are creative problem solvers that learn quickly and can thrive in an exciting and fast-paced environment with little guidance.
We care about your personal growth and career progression. We try to assign projects that will help each team member develop into a more well-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future. Our team is dedicated to supporting new team members. We are a good mix of engineers creating the perfect environment for you to both mentor and be mentored. We all enjoy helping each other grow through mentoring and thorough kind and supportive code reviews. YouScience is an awesome place to grow and level-up in your software engineering skills and pick up some excellent technical skills that will help you stand out amongst other software professionals
What you'll be good at:
- 3-4+ years in a professional software development environment;
- 2-3+ years of coding experience with at least one modern language such as Elixir, C#, Go or Java including some function-oriented design;
- 1-2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems; Strong ownership and drive to launch new features in the market.
- 3-4+ years working as a full stack engineer in a hyper growth SaaS company;
- The passion to mentor your peers and be a problem solver;
- Strong experience with algorithms, data structures and code;
- Disciplined approach to testing and quality assurance;
- Experience with web infrastructure and distributed systems;
- Frontend, backend, machine learning, or full-stack experience;
- Evidence of exposure to architectural patterns of a large, high-scale web application (e.g., well-designed APIs, high volume data pipelines, efficient algorithms);
- Experience with end-to-end encrypted communications and/or blockchain/ distributed ledger/ hyper ledger technologies is highly desirable since the team will be creating solutions in these areas.
- Develop the APIs, web applications and microservices that power the YouScience integration platform;
- Develop, debug, test and support Phoenix / Elixir web services;
- Develop effective business intelligence strategies and analytics solutions;
- Leverage technologies like Docker, Postgres to build scalable and maintainable applications;
- Participate in product workshops to help determine new features and initiatives.
YouScience Company Values:
- We empower others. In all that we do we seek to empower others to better achieve their goals and contribute to their personal, team, and company success. We expand equity and access to opportunities and information, and we encourage personal exploration, growth, responsibility, and accountability.
- We perform as a cohesive championship team! To be great teammates we seek first to understand others and we communicate honestly, proactively, openly, courageously, professionally, and quickly. We are coachable and humble, seeking feedback from others while leaving behind our pride, defensiveness, and egos – we do not seek to be offended. We trust our teammates and we build our personal trust by being accountable and responsible for our words and actions. We embrace team and personal accountability and use accountability measures to drive improvement.
- We are all leaders. Each one of us is a leader to those around us. We use our influence, attitude, example, and actions to help uplift and guide others to our team goals. Leadership is earned and demonstrated by being humble enough to do whatever it takes to get the job done in the best way possible, regardless of job title, tenure, or hierarchy. We are purposeful, passionate, and invested in the important Mission of YouScience.
- We never stop growing. We are dedicated to professional and personal growth – in ourselves and in others. We never want to stop growing because the more we grow the more we are experiencing new and amazing things – this inspires us. We believe that hard work is noble and inspiring, and we set big goals and push ourselves to accomplish great things. We recognize that if we’re coasting, we’re going downhill – away from our goals and our best selves.
- We make a positive impact. Making a positive impact comes from doing good, doing things that we are proud of, that are built to last, and that improve the lives of others now and in the future. With everyone we interact with or influence we strive to make a positive difference in their lives. We live and work in such a way that when others talk about us it will be said, “they are truly awesome – I am a better person today because of who they are and what they did.”
- We show respect in word and in deed. We work with amazing team members, individual users, customers, and partners and we proactively strive to show our appreciation for them by the things we do and say to them. We particularly believe that dedicated educators are frontline heroes that deserve our respect and best efforts. We never take those we serve for granted – it is truly our privilege to be a part of their lives.
- We remember that life is bigger than our work. While our Mission is critically important and urgent, it ultimately is about helping individuals enjoy fulfilled, engaged, and happy lives – that includes everyone at YouScience. We love the humanity of us all – our quirks, our strengthens, our weaknesses, our goodness. We work hard to see others for who they are – unique individuals with hopes and dreams, fears and worries, joys and pains beyond what we normally see at work.
- Mission oriented, collaborative culture
- Impact the lives of millions of American students
- Flexibility to work in American Fork, UT or remote
- Ongoing support for continuing education and career development Opportunity to work and learn alongside some of the industry’s most passionate innovators
- Great medical, dental, vision benefits
- 15 days paid time off (PTO) per year
- 14+ paid holidays per year
- Partial internet and cell phone reimbursement
- Community service opportunities
YouScience is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or another legally protected status.