- London, UK
- Employees can work remotely
- Contract Type: Permanent
- People Manager: Yes
- Remote worker, any location: Yes
YouGov is an international market research and data analytics group.
Our mission is to supply a continuous stream of accurate data and insight into what the world thinks, so that companies, governments and institutions can better serve the people and communities that sustain them.
We have the best data and the best tools. We continuously challenge conventional approaches to research, and we disrupt our industry to ensure that our clients always get the best solutions.
We are driven by a set of shared values. We are fast, fearless and innovative. We work diligently to get it right. We are guided by accuracy, ethics and proven methodologies. We respect and trust each other, and bring these values into everything that we do.
Each day, our highly engaged proprietary global panel of over 15 million people provides us with thousands of data points on consumer opinions, attitudes and behaviours. We combine this continuous stream of data with our research expertise to provide insights that enable intelligent decision-making and informed conversations.
With operations in the UK, North America, Mainland Europe, the Nordics, the Middle East, India and Asia Pacific, YouGov has one of the world’s largest research networks.
Diversity and inclusion are fundamental to YouGov. We are committed to giving the world a voice by capturing the opinions of all groups, including the ones that are often under-represented in research. We are also committed to making sure that our products and tools are free from any bias, as accuracy is key to what we do. None of the above can be done without having a truly diverse workforce, in an inclusive workplace. We are very keen on attracting and retaining the best talent. And best talent also means a diverse pool of talent, with various backgrounds and perspectives.
Supporting the wellbeing of our staff, including maintaining a good work and life balance, is important to us. We support flexible working arrangements where appropriate for a role, with many locations offering a hybrid office-and-remote working approach.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All employment decisions are made on the basis of occupational qualifications, merit, and business need.
We are looking for a PR Manager to lead our UK press office.
- You will work alongside our Global Editor to decide a strategic media strategy for our UK operations, supporting our overarching business goals
- You will take the lead in placing stories in the B2C and B2C press, with the goal of making YouGov known to the public and prospects
- You will help generate ideas for content to make a splash for YouGov in the British media, placing stories in key outlets that showcase our data and capabilities
- You will take a leading role in ensuring the power of PR and positive media coverage is effectively demonstrated to YouGov’s senior leadership team, working on measurement and analytics strategies
- You will mentor and coach our UK PR team to ensure their ongoing success
What will I be delivering?
You will take the lead in making YouGov to go-to data company for the media in the UK by:
- Placing stories that promote YouGov in both the B2B and B2C media
- Generating ideas for stories that will gain exposure in our key outlets
- Building YouGov’s media presence in the UK by helping evolve our PR strategy, building relationships and developing partnerships with key media
- Working across the business in the UK to make sure we deliver both content and coverage that engages our clients and our panellists and showcases what our data can do
- Working with a range of senior stakeholders across the organisation to deliver PR activity to meet their strategic objectives and provide advice on how to meet those goals
What’s in it for me?
This is an exciting role and the successful candidate will:
- Work at an ambitious organisation – YouGov is the major force in public opinion data in the UK and wants to grow even further
- Deliver coverage across a wide range of content – from politics, to sector-focused white papers, from news hijacks to partnerships and everything in between
What do I need to bring with me?
- Experience in public relations/publicity
- Comfortable building relationships with journalists
- Excellent knowledge of the UK media landscape
- A keen interest in current affairs and lifestyle issues
- Good knowledge of different B2B sectors and topics of interest
- Line management experience and ability to mentor
We understand that you do your best work when you feel your best, so it’s our goal to make you feel valued. Here are a few of the perks we provide for our team. For more information see https://jobs.yougov.com/life