- Portland, OR, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Contract Type: Permanent
- People Manager: No
- Remote worker, any location: Yes
YouGov is an international research and data analytics group.
Our mission is to supply a continuous stream of accurate data and insight into what the world thinks, so that companies, governments and institutions can better serve the people and communities that sustain them.
We have the best data and the best tools. We continuously challenge conventional approaches to research, and we disrupt our industry to ensure that our clients always get the best solutions.
We are driven by a set of shared values. We are fast, fearless and innovative. We work diligently to get it right. We are guided by accuracy, ethics and proven methodologies. We trust each other and bring these values into everything that we do.
Each day, our highly engaged proprietary global panel of over 8 million people provides us with thousands of data points on consumer opinions, attitudes and behaviour. We combine this continuous stream of data with our research expertise to provide insights that enable intelligent decision-making and informed conversations.
With operations in the UK, North America, Mainland Europe, the Nordics, the Middle East and Asia Pacific, YouGov has one of the world’s largest research networks.
YouGov America Inc. seeks an experienced market research professional. As an Associate Director you will utilize your research and project management skills to work directly with end clients and staff at YouGov. You will contribute to, and often serve as a point person for, servicing clients as you conduct and own multiple connected and custom projects and project components within an industry/sector category team, working on all phases from survey and project design to overseeing fielding to data analysis, results and insights delivery. You will play a critical role in ensuring success with clients in ways that grow and extend YouGov’s business.
While you will report to and be part of a team primarily based in our Portland, OR office, we are considering fully remote applications as well, for applicants based elsewhere in the US (potentially where YouGov has other offices as well).
What will I be doing day to day?
- Work both independently and as part of a team to own and manage all aspects of connected and custom projects, from proposal/bid phase, to survey/screener development, field management, data processing, analysis, report writing, and presenting
- Work closely with clients, senior executives, additional team members, and internal departments / functions to manage project outcomes
- Be a responsive and trusted point of contact for clients and YouGov team members in the context of research projects, generating strong client relationships and delivery skills that lead to repeat business
- Assist with writing proposals, developing costs, and recommending research designs
- Design and write connected and custom research reports with actionable insights and recommendations and present findings to our clients
- Manage direct costs on projects to maintain intended budgets
- Perform analysis on collected data and interpret findings in ways that answer key business questions; experience with multivariate techniques, to comfortably present, considered a plus
- Continually grow and develop technology-related sector knowledge to the benefit of technology clients and the business
- Focus on quantitative but also execute on some qualitative projects or modules as needed; ability to moderate focus groups and/or one-on-one interviews considered a plus
What do I need to bring with me?
- Minimum 5+ years conducting custom, primary market research projects, ideally with all or vast majority of that experience on the supplier/vendor side
- Diverse knowledge of a wide variety of research techniques across a wide range of clients, business needs, and contexts including new product development, concept testing, segmentation, pricing, branding, portfolio optimization, messaging, positioning, market opportunity assessment, market sizing, brand health drivers, etc.
- Knowledge of and history with stats; considered a plus if have interest in and/or prior experience with the application of more advanced approaches and methods such as segmentation techniques, driver modeling techniques, discrete choice / conjoint / choice-based techniques, MaxDiff, CHAID / tree diagrams, etc. (i.e., understand application and business interpretation, not necessarily ability to crunch or model the numbers, which is typically handled by marketing science-focused staff)
- Ability to lead or assist with development/writing of at least moderately complex quantitative surveys and qualitative facilitator guides, to address and operationalize client business questions, needs, objectives, and hypotheses
- Ability to lead or assist with development/writing of at least moderately complex, slides-based (PPT, Google Slides) research reports focused on business question insights and implications, narrative-driven synthesis, and story-telling through data visualizations, graphics, infographics, and insights-driven headlines
- Ability to be deliver, thrive, and be flexible in a deadline-driven, client satisfaction-focused environment, while at the same time working in a team-focused environment to best meet client needs
- Background in and/or interest in technology clients (primarily consumer, but B2B also good) considered a key plus
- Background in and/or interest in gaming and/or entertainment clients considered a key plus
- Strong experience with Word/Docs, Excel/Sheets, PowerPoint/Slides, SPSS, and data analytics in general
- Effective writing, time management, multitasking, communication, problem solving, and interpersonal skills
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.