- Canberra ACT, Australia
- Contract Type: Permanent
- People Manager: Yes
- Remote worker, any location: No
YouGov is an international market research and data analytics group.
Our mission is to supply a continuous stream of accurate data and insight into what the world thinks, so that companies, governments and institutions can better serve the people and communities that sustain them.
We have the best data and the best tools. We continuously challenge conventional approaches to research, and we disrupt our industry to ensure that our clients always get the best solutions.
We are driven by a set of shared values. We are fast, fearless and innovative. We work diligently to get it right. We are guided by accuracy, ethics and proven methodologies. We respect and trust each other, and bring these values into everything that we do.
Each day, our highly engaged proprietary global panel of over 15 million people provides us with thousands of data points on consumer opinions, attitudes and behaviours. We combine this continuous stream of data with our research expertise to provide insights that enable intelligent decision-making and informed conversations.
With operations in the UK, North America, Mainland Europe, the Nordics, the Middle East, India and Asia Pacific, YouGov has one of the world’s largest research networks.
Faster Horses is a 100% owned subsidiary of Yougov and leverages the power of the global Yougov network. Our Canberra office focusses on delivering the highest quality research and evaluation services across all levels of Government, and we apply our research expertise in addressing key policy, service delivery and transformation domains across all portfolio area.
Recent growth across several key Federal and state government accounts means we are seeking great people to join us and apply our research and evaluation expertise to make a positive difference to the lives of Australians through better government policy, communications and service delivery.
The Research Analyst is responsible for assisting those more senior to them in the business across all areas of their day to day business operation. This will be across both qualitative and quantitative projects, and all that they involve. It is likely to involve primarily project management and project delivery responsibilities – liaison with suppliers to ensure that facilities are booked, project timings stay on track, quotes are gathered, specifications are correct. It will also include client liaison and communication, involvement in brainstorming for presentation preparation and compiling presentations. The Research Analyst will receive support from those senior to them, to help them grow and develop quickly.
What will I be doing day to day?
1. Project/Account/Client Management
· Manage clients and projects to ensure that timings stay on track
· Coordinate suppliers to ensure that they are well informed and briefed about project commencement and progress
· Keep clients informed of progress
· Identify and manage any project delays or issues in a timely fashion, offering solutions to problem solve challenges
· Assist in both quantitative and qualitative projects – listening to and potentially undertaking interviews, learning how to run groups, scripting and launching surveys, setting up and producing relevant data sets for quant, participating in brainstorming sessions, compiling both qual and quant presentations
· Be jointly responsible for projects in which you are involved, to deliver high quality outputs, on time as per agreements with clients
· Always look for opportunities to improve on existing projects and add value to a client and a project
· Support your team mates at all levels of seniority to ensure that workload is evenly distributed
· Develop relationships with key clients and suppliers
· Provide exceptional client service on a day-to-day basis.
2. Business Development
· Attend new business meetings and assist in proposal writing
· Assist in development of the business more broadly, cementing an enthusiastic and can do culture and a winning work ethic!
3. Elevating company profile
· Have a strong understanding of the Faster Horses position in the market, corporate vision, and offer across:
o Brand and communications research
o Corporate reputation research
o New product and service development research
o Customer experience research
· Always talk positively about the company, and look for opportunities to position the organisation as superior to competitors
· Know, and contribute to conversations about the new company initiatives
4. Staff & Professional Development
· Keep up to date with industry changes by reading industry newsletters, attending industry update meetings and other relevant activities
· Proactively ask for assistance and training to further your development
· Contribute to the training program by sharing aspects of interest in the broader Training Program
5. Cultural Contribution
· Notice your team mates and their workload, and always offer to help, even if it means extra hours
· Contribute towards a dynamic, enthusiastic and supportive team environment at all times
· Participate in conversations about projects or industry trends to demonstrate an interest in others and their work
· Support the vision and direction set by the Managing Directors
· Demonstrate a culture of hard work and commitment, as well as acceptance of personal responsibility
You'll need to demonstrate...
· Immaculate attention to detail and analytical thinking
· Excellent time management skills
· Strong written and interpersonal communication skills
· Passion for research, self-motivated and enthusiastic approach to team work
· Excellent relationship building skills and influencing skills
· Good people management skills
· Ability to manage multiple client responsibilities
· Enthusiasm for learning
· Digital understanding
Experience and Expertise
· Proven track record in project management and team support
· At least 1 to 3 years commercial experience on the research supplier side, or relevant research related experience on client side
· Demonstrated creative and lateral thinking capabilities
· Relevant tertiary qualifications
Diversity and inclusion are fundamental to YouGov. We are committed to giving the world a voice by capturing the opinions of all groups, including the ones that are often under-represented in research. We are also committed to making sure that our products and tools are free from any bias, as accuracy is key to what we do. None of the above can be done without having a truly diverse workforce, in an inclusive workplace. We are very keen on attracting and retaining the best talent. And best talent also means a diverse pool of talent, with various backgrounds and perspectives.
Supporting the wellbeing of our staff, including maintaining a good work and life balance, is important to us. We support flexible working arrangements where appropriate for a role, with many locations offering a hybrid office-and-remote working approach. This is certainly the case in Canberra.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All employment decisions are made on the basis of occupational qualifications, merit, and business need.