HR Operations Specialist: Onboarding
- Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
- Contract Type: Permanent
- People Manager: No
- Remote worker, any location: No
YouGov is an international market research and data analytics group.
Our mission is to supply a continuous stream of accurate data and insight into what the world thinks, so that companies, governments and institutions can better serve the people and communities that sustain them.
We have the best data and the best tools. We continuously challenge conventional approaches to research, and we disrupt our industry to ensure that our clients always get the best solutions.
We are driven by a set of shared values. We are fast, fearless and innovative. We work diligently to get it right. We are guided by accuracy, ethics and proven methodologies. We respect and trust each other, and bring these values into everything that we do.
Each day, our highly engaged proprietary global panel of over 15 million people provides us with thousands of data points on consumer opinions, attitudes and behaviours. We combine this continuous stream of data with our research expertise to provide insights that enable intelligent decision-making and informed conversations.
With operations in the UK, North America, Mainland Europe, the Nordics, the Middle East, India and Asia Pacific, YouGov has one of the world’s largest research networks.
Diversity and inclusion are fundamental to YouGov. We are committed to giving the world a voice by capturing the opinions of all groups, including the ones that are often under-represented in research. We are also committed to making sure that our products and tools are free from any bias, as accuracy is key to what we do. None of the above can be done without having a truly diverse workforce, in an inclusive workplace. We are very keen on attracting and retaining the best talent. And best talent also means a diverse pool of talent, with various backgrounds and perspectives.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All employment decisions are made on the basis of occupational qualifications, merit, and business need.
This is an opportunity to be part of a small global team of HR Operations specialists, supporting a growing Business of over 1,100 employees globally. Headquartered in London, the company has offices in 26 countries.
HR Operations works closely with other HR teams covering Business Partnering, Talent Acquisition, Talent Development, Reward, Change & Systems
What is the role we can offer you ?
This role will be responsible for the end to end Onboarding process on behalf of our offices globally. The role will partner closely with the Talent Acquisition team to ensure a seamless handoff from the point of offer through to Day 1 at the Company
What will I be delivering ?
We want the onboarding process to be a really positive one for the new hire, making them feel excited about joining the Company and having a great impression of the speed and efficiency. The role will work very closely with the Talent Acquisition (TA) team and will include:
· employment contract and offer letter generation via the Applicant Tracking System (ATS)
· creation of the employment record in the HRI system (Sage People)
· management of the background employment screening process through our vetting vendor
· conducting Right to Work checks by video to fulfil our legal obligations
· ensuring all documentation is returned by the new joiner in a timely manner
· responding to questions from the candidate, making them feel welcome
· Involvement in continuous improvement initiatives
What will I bring to the role ?
· Degree in HR or similar qualification
· IT literate (HRIS & MS Office)
· Fluent spoken and written English language skills
· HR Operations experience
· HR Shared Services experience would be an advantage, ideally in a corporate environment
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Ability to work autonomously but also as part of a team
· A friendly, helpful manner with good stakeholder management skills
· Able to remain calm under pressure
· Able to multi task, prioritise and meet deadlines
· Able to work accurately in a fast-paced environment
· Be customer-focused and understand what a positive customer experience looks like
What’s in it for me – why would someone want the role
· The chance to grow and develop your HR Operations skills in a small fast-faced environment as part of a global team
· The opportunity to contribute to the overall employee / line manager HR experience