Senior Python Engineer
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
- Employees can work remotely
- Contract Type: Permanent
- People Manager: No
- Remote worker, any location: No
YouGov is an international research and data, analytics group.
Our mission is to supply a continuous stream of accurate data and insight into what the world thinks so that companies, governments and institutions can better serve the people and communities that sustain them.
We have the best data and the best tools. We continuously challenge conventional approaches to research, and we disrupt our industry to ensure that our clients always get the best solutions.
We are driven by a set of shared values. We are fast, fearless and innovative. We work diligently to get it right. We are guided by accuracy, ethics and proven methodologies. We trust each other and bring these values into everything that we do.
Each day, our highly engaged proprietary global panel of over 8 million people provides us with thousands of data points on consumer opinions, attitudes and behaviour. We combine this continuous stream of data with our research expertise to provide insights that enable intelligent decision-making and informed conversations.
With operations in the UK, North America, Mainland Europe, the Nordics, the Middle East and Asia Pacific, YouGov has one of the world’s largest research networks.
We are actively looking for a talented Senior Python Engineer to lead developing a modern Digital payment system and a next generation account management system. These green-field projects will integrate the latest technologies across multiple platforms. You would be responsible to analyze, design and develop robust and highly-secured applications in Python and also arrange integration and prepare auto-test cases to ensure the stability of the platform.
The Senior Python Engineer will report to the Senior Engineering Manager and interact regularly with engineers in other teams around the world. The right candidate should be self-sufficient and be capable of rolling their sleeves up to deliver a best-in-class solution.
- Considerable expertise of the best practice on secure software development and handling of sensitive data
- Extensive knowledge with authentication techniques such as single-sign-on and protocols such as OAuth2.0
- Well-established experience in all phases of development – requirement gathering, system design, implementation, testing, deployment and maintenance, of enterprise-wide application systems
- Solid hands-on experience in Python and web services development
- Outstanding analytical and critical thinking skills
- Ability to deliver first-class solutions with the committed deadlines
Our Tech Stack:
Python 3.7+, Flask, Django, Celery, Elasticsearch, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, RabbitMQ, Kubernetes, Docker, AWS and much, much more…
What do I need to bring with me?
Demonstrated knowledge and experience:
- A true passion for technology and Python
- Hands-on experience in digital payment development
- Sound experience of test-driven development
Technical skills and qualifications
- 7+ Years’ experience with using Python
- Good understanding of both SQL and NoSQL Databases
- Knowledge with Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience in Django, Flask or similar micro-framework
We offer some brilliant benefits and perks at YouGov, some of which include:
- You get 20 days' time off throughout the year to take a well-earned rest, plus 8 days casual leave and 10 days Festival Leave.
- Flexible/remote working
- LinkedIn Learning - we’re big on learning, so all YouGovers have first-hand access to the vast number of courses available on the platform
- Pension Scheme contributions from YouGov
- Medical Insurance
- ...plus much more!