- New York, NY, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Contract Type: Permanent
- People Manager: No
- Remote worker, any location: No
YouGov is searching for a Remote Python Developer to collaborate building a modern and large-scale cloud-based analytics platform built for the web, entirely in Python.
From the beginning we had one simple idea: the more people are able to participate in the decisions made by the institutions that serve them, the better those decisions will be. We are a global online community for millions of people, and thousands of organisations, to engage in a continuous conversation about their beliefs, behaviours and brands, and provide a more accurate portrait of what the world thinks.
What will I be doing?
- Working on the data transformation and transmitting the data, making assurances about the integrity of it
- Our data flows handle more than 30 million data points every week, you will be central on the delivery of that data to our analytics team
- Work primarily on backend, middleware and databases but everyone in the team regularly works on the full stack.
- Optimization on memory management and speed is crucial given the scale and speed we want to bring to our platforms and clients.
What do I need to bring with me?
- 4+ years’ experience of Python web-based development
- Experience using CherryPy, Flask or similar framework
- Basic understanding of MongoDB, Django & PostgreSQL
- Understanding of TDD methodology
- An interest in ETL
This is a full time, permanent remote role, which can be based in any worldwide YouGov Office, or country that we have a legal entity. We are a global team with developers on US central and east coast, and European hours too. Our only requirement time-wise is to attend an online daily meeting to report on your assignments.