- 9 Appold St, Hackney, London EC2A 2AP, UK
Yapily is fast growing and forward-thinking fintech start up whose ambition is to become the nerve system of the future economy. In an Open Banking world, financial services will be cheaper, faster and bespoke to each individual: we are enabling this revolution. We are backed by amazing investors that led companies like Zalando, Zoopla, Tide, Transferwise, Trussle, Cleo, Freeagent, Robinhood and many other to success.
Yapily is building API connections to all banks, normalising and enriching the data, and providing it through a highly secure API. We’re the only native API platform designed from the ground up for Open Finance.
Due to our rapid expansion and strong business growth we’re looking for a UX Designer to lead design activity at Yapily, from initial research, prototype exploration and workshops, through to evaluating and reshaping our existing product experience. We are therefore eagerly awaiting an experienced UX/UI Designer who is enthused to further their career and skills in the financial technology space.
The successful candidate will have proven strong design skills, have worked alongside Product, Engineering, and Marketing teams at a vendor to both small and enterprise clients.
In return our UX Designer will enjoy working with an award-winning team in an environment that nurtures creativity, actively encourages technical innovation and will have immediate impact on our rapidly growing global platforms and client base.
Key responsibilities include:
· Working closely with existing Product, Development and Marketing teams, able to establish and promote best practices in design and elevate UX standards within Yapily.
· Own all front-end design, including user dashboards, websites, newsletters etc.
· Continually identify ways to improve the user experience across our various client personas; highly skilled technologist, product owners, analysts to non-technical business stakeholders.
· Work closely with the Product team to understand the developer user and their experience in building interfaces and their user journeys for effortlessly adopting our API products.
· Coordinate closely with Sales and Marketing to continually elevate the user experience across the full customer lifecycle; new sign-ups, trials, established clients, ensuring great design is adopted across all areas of Yapily’s externally facing content.
· Design, lead, and/or participate in user research activities and design workshops to identify problems to solve and ideate on solutions.
· Tracking the latest trends, technologies and practices, along with the ability to evangelise for and drive their adoption internally.
· Create relevant supporting artefacts to communicate the outcomes of the various stages of the de-sign process
· Design and conduct design validation/usability test activities to iterate with user feedback
· Manage personal workload in order to meet deadlines and feedback regularly, and pro-actively, to communicate project status and areas of concern
· Ensuring the user needs and design are that the forefront of our product decisions
· Experience with Design Systems, able to bring new insights to the team and drive their implementation.
· Proficient with HTML/CSS and CSS Animation, Bootstrap, CSS grids, Flexbox and version control.
· Experience managing a Website CMS
· Have expertise in using HTML to template newsletters
You will have
· 5+ years’ experience with complex web and mobile applications, ideally able to demonstrate any major projects.
· A passion for championing beautiful, heuristic, aesthetic user experience and design.
· An ability to raise, as well as answer, impactful questions on design that can shape our product decisions.
· Experience organising and gathering user insights, identifying their needs, goals and conducting usability testing.
· A track record of rapidly create wireframes, graphic mock-ups and prototypes, coupled with experience collating stakeholder feedback, communicating decisions for selected ideas and driving final designs to high-res, polished, production delivery.
· Self-motivation and enthusiasm, ability to lead design, yet also able to seek guidance and receive feedback when needed.
· Bsc/BA 2:1 or higher Degree
· Experience working with Fintech’s as clients or working for a Fintech firm
· Additional European Languages are beneficial
Good to have
· Previous experience in FinTech or Financial Services;
· Experience in a fast-growing startup
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a fast growing company. At Yapily, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community! Get in touch!