Junior DevOps Engineer
- 9 Appold St, Hackney, London EC2A 2AP, UK
Yapily (www.yapily.com) is a well funded, dynamic and forward-thinking fintech start up which is proud of its strong technical background. We are looking for an exceptional Sales Manager.
Do you have a proven account management, sales and marketing experience at senior manager level within the Financial Technology industry? Do you have strong presentation and communication skills? Do you take a proactive approach and you are very hands on? If you are also positive and energetic, join us.
We are looking for a DevOps / Systems Engineer to join our organisation and lead our cloud and IT infrastructure. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in systems engineering and will employ DevOps tools to improve the development team’s production. You will guide our hardworking team through the process of designing and writing a dependable codebase. This position will also allow you to innovate our engineering systems and practices.
If you would like to have a pivotal role in designing and implementing strategic processes that elevate our company to resounding success, then we want to hear from you.
This role is to be located at the main office address. Before applying please ensure that you have the rights to live and work in London, UK.
- Apply cloud (AWS, GCP) computing skills to deploy upgrades and fixes.
- Design, develop, and implement software integrations based on user feedback.
- Troubleshoot production issues and coordinate with the development team to streamline code deployment.
- Implement automation tools and frameworks (CI/CD pipelines).
- Analyse code and communicate detailed reviews to development teams to ensure a marked improvement in applications and the timely completion of projects.
- Collaborate with team members to improve the company’s engineering tools, systems and procedures, and data security.
- Optimise the company’s computing architecture.
- Conduct systems tests for security, performance, and availability.
- Create dashboards with key performance and availability indicators, to monitor real-time and receive alerts.
- Develop and maintain design and troubleshooting documentation.
- You possess a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or relevant field.
- You have 3+ years experience as a Systems Engineer, DevOps Engineer or equivalent software-engineering role.
- You are proficient with the linux system.
- You are an expert in code deployment tools (Puppet, Ansible, Chef, Terraform).
- You can maintain Java web applications.
- You have experience in network, server, and application-status monitoring.
- You possess a strong command of software-automation production systems (Jenkins or other CI tool).
- You exhibit expertise in software development methodologies.
- You have working knowledge of Go, Groovy or Python and known DevOps tools.
- You have experience with Docker, Kubernetes or other containerisation and virtualisation platforms.
- You have a working knowledge of databases and SQL (backups, replication, migration).
- You possess a problem-solving attitude.
- You can work independently and as part of a team.
- You must be eligible to live and work in the UK. We are not able to provide visa sponsorship.
Basic Salary £50,000-60,000
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a fast growing company. At Yapily, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community! Get in touch!