Technical Product Owner
- 9 Appold St, Hackney, London EC2A 2AP, UK
Yapily is fast growing and forward-thinking fintech start up whose ambition is to become the nerve system of the future economy. In an Open Banking world, financial services will be cheaper, faster and bespoke to each individual: we are enabling this revolution. We are backed by amazing investors that led companies like Zalando, Zoopla, Tide, Transferwise, Trussle, Cleo, Freeagent, Robinhood and many other to success.
Yapily is building API connections to all banks, normalising and enriching the data, and providing it through a highly secure API. We’re the only native API platform designed from the ground up for Open Finance.
You will be driving key initiatives within the Yapily product portfolio, working with the Head of Product and collaborating with Sales, Engineering, financial institutions, Regulators and our clients.
You will be responsible for ensuring that our approach to product development and launch is well managed and covers all aspects of the product, from design, feasibility, delivery and client adoption.
The product Owner ensures that features and functionality defined on the roadmap accurately reflect customer and market requirements. Also responsible for supporting the business case creation for new products and for increasing the profitability of existing products. Working collaboratively with the Product and Engineering leadership team, the Product Owner builds product initiatives from existing ideas and helps develop new ideas based on industry experience and work in the market.
- Responsible for managing the planning and execution throughout the product lifecycle – from strategic planning to tactical activities. This includes gathering and prioritising the market, product and customer requirements, communicating the product vision, and working closely with Development/Engineering, Sales & Marketing and Business Development to ensure revenue and customer satisfaction goals are surpassed.
- Support development by defining features and user stories that break down the requirements into end-to-end functionality
- Outline workflows and customer journeys required to guide engineering
- Support the Project Manager to maintain a visible product roadmap and project schedule
- Own and drive the business plan for the solution, working with key stakeholders to ensure the most effective decisions are reached regarding the lifecycle of the solution offering.
- Manage the ongoing roadmap for specific products and work closely with Development to ensure that the solution(s) developed fulfil the needs of the customers in a timely manner.
- Working closely with the Yapily customers to ensure that their requirements are appropriately captured, prioritised and considered alongside product planning across the Yapily product portfolio.
- Support the go to market execution with team members to ensure sales, marketing, service and operations are ready across all markets.
- Conduct technical research of both new features and competitor analysis along with business intelligence in support of the product roadmap.
- Support Sales team with product and solution presentations and client visits, both in the UK and abroad.
- Support the Marketing team with product and solution collateral to position the appropriate solution and support sales process.
- With Product leadership, act as product champion for Sales, communicating the value proposition of the products to the Sales team and working with them to define and develop the necessary tools that support the selling of your product
- Promote the product line and business in general through select online media channels. (Slack, LinkedIn, Medium, etc.)
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience of Product Management experienced within a technology vendor ideally within the financial services or API industry.
- An ability to clearly define the Product Owner, Product Manager and Product Marketing roles and understand the cross over between these roles in an agile software development environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- Commercial acumen: a proven track record of understanding business value, with a key sensitivity to understanding sales and marketing challenges and building collateral to positively manage such challenges with the objective of strengthening business and making product / solution sales
- Attitude: proactive and focused. Driven on delivering client solutions with the end user success always in mind while ensuring that sales and product revenue are optimised.
- Results oriented: structured and highly organised, in a fast paced and dynamic environment you will already have a strategy for ‘getting things done’ and able to driving results without supervision.
- Experience of operating within a B2B role
- Experience of working directly with clients and supporting POC initiatives to enable successful conversion to satisfied and paying customers
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a fast-growing company. At Yapily, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community!
Further your career on an international level with a rapidly growing vendor, you'll be empowered to make a positive impact quickly.
Check us out at www.yapily.com or read about us at https://tcrn.ch/2J8TS55