Senior Support Engineer
- 1 Clere St, London, UK
Yapily (www.yapily.com) is a well funded, dynamic and forward-thinking fintech start up which is proud of its strong technical background.
Yapily provides one API that enables connectivity to all retail banks, normalising and enriching the data, and through a highly secure and performant API. Our customers are from many different industries where some have applications that help end-users manage their finances, others allow much quicker access to loans or mortgages, accounting software, payment services directly from bank account, etc.
We are looking for a Senior Support Engineer to help our Customer Success and Account Management team deliver outstanding support and feature additions to our core product line.
You do not need to be an expert in any of the points below, we’re just looking for bright and capable Engineers who can help solve problems and are willing to pick up new technology stacks and paradigms to keep our product line running smoothly.
- Provide first and second line full-stack engineering support for applications built with Java, Python, Go and NodeJS or any language that can be used to integrate with our RESTFul API.
- Define our Service Desk operations and manage a supporting team ensuring that customer SLA’s and overall service delivery is upheld
- To triage and perform forensic analysis on problems using a variety of logging tools like Stackdriver, Kibana and beyond
- Leverage the experience of Lead and Senior developers to help build your knowledge base of the products you are supporting
- To be available on call 24x7 (messaging, shift pattern, with a quarterly bonus for maintaining and upholding reliable software) on a 1-2 hour response time
- Restful API is essential and a desire to learn, pick-up and get involved with some programming languages like Java, Python, NodeJS and C# is a requirement
- Write technical documentation for walk-through tutorials and knowledge base
- Data Analysis skills using SQL, various spreadsheets and log analysis tools
- You will have a good grasp of the Unix command line
Working with us
We’re confident you’ll love working here if:
- You want to get into the trenches with a collaborative team
- You like to obsess over ensuring that the code written by the team you are part of is well tested, clean, hygienic and performant
- You want to get involved in operational visibility, helping to instrument software so we know how the platforms are behaving
- You continually seek to develop and improve personally and constantly push outside of your comfort zone
- You like to openly communicate, be willing to listen to peers and give and receive continuous feedback
2+ years of development experience
2+ years of experience with a technical support role
Able to bring experience and ideas that will help Yapily deliver highly efficient and secured services
Experience building teams and recruiting
Financial Technology and/or Payment industry experience
Security and Cryptography knowledge
Swagger or OpenAPI Specification
Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
Ability to handle multiple, competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
A passion for people management and mentorship
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a fast growing company. At Yapily, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community! Get in touch!