Operations & Guest Experience Coordinator - Travel/Tourism - Part-Time
- 150 Kaʻiulani Ave, Honolulu, HI 96815, USA
At YMT Vacations, the goal is to provide our guests with affordable vacations they will remember for years to come. We assemble hotel, tour, sightseeing, and cruise components and offer a range of inclusive value-priced escorted tour and cruise/tour vacation packages throughout North America and worldwide. We sell direct to customers from sales offices in Los Angeles and Detroit. Prospects respond to advertisements placed in a variety of media including newspapers, magazines, newsletters, radio campaigns, DR TV, direct mail and online.
YMT Vacations is a member of Travelopia, which is the world's largest collection of specialist travel brands. Each brand is individually operated, creating unique experiences that are centered around specific destinations, passions or interests.
YMT Vacations is seeking a proactive, self-motivated Operations & Guest Experience Coordinator with a knack for multi-tasking, prioritization, and problem-solving. The Operations Coordinator truly is responsible for assisting with all aspects of administrative pre-tour planning and the on-tour operational delivery cycle.
This is a part-time role at 15 to 20 hours per week with flexible scheduling,though we do need shift coverage on Thursdays and Saturdays. Those with a hospitality background or in pursuit of a degree in Tour Operations, Travel, Tourism, Hospitality Management or related are encouraged to apply!
What does a Operations & Guest Experience Coordinator do?
The Operations and Guest Experience Coordinator supports all aspects of pre-tour planning and the on-tour operational delivery cycle. This role requires commitment, flexibility and a high level of accuracy and attention to detail. The Operations and Guest Experience Coordinator will have specific responsibilities as well as providing administrative support to the Operations and Guest Experience Manager.
Key responsibilities include
- Pre-tour planning; maintenance of tour planning chart, planning ground transportation and baggage handling schedules and communicating with vendors.
- Preparation of tour documentation
- Attend weekly guest welcome briefings and assist with sales payment processing– up to two mornings per week
- Answer office phones and work with Tour Directors, head office and vendors
- Assist with late bookings, cancellations and vendor updates
- Preparation of vendor invoices for approval
- Send ADA requests to vendors and liaise with LA head office
- Manage and maintain vendor contract database
- Consolidate and review guest feedback and post tour complaints
- Maintain YMT tours’ technical itineraries
- Prepare tour close-out files
What are some key qualifications for this opportunity?
- 1-2 years of experience administrative and guest services experience in a hospitality setting
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays - we are flexible for the right fit, but we need Thursday ad Saturday coverage
- Strong organizational skills with good attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent mathematical and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Must be a team player as well as being able to work under own initiative
- Requires competent computer skills with good working knowledge of Excel, Word & PowerPoint
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. YMT Vacations is an Equal Opportuinty Employer.