Business Development Manager - Travel / Tourism
- 400 Continental Blvd, El Segundo, CA 90245, USA
At YMT Vacations, the goal is to provide our guests with affordable vacations they will remember for years to come. We assemble hotel, tour, sightseeing, and cruise components and offer a range of inclusive value-priced escorted tour and cruise/tour vacation packages throughout North America and worldwide. We sell direct to customers from sales offices in Los Angeles and Detroit. Prospects respond to advertisements placed in a variety of media including newspapers, magazines, newsletters, radio campaigns, DR TV, direct mail and online.
YMT Vacations is a member of Travelopia, which is the world's largest collection of specialist travel brands. Each brand is individually operated, creating unique experiences that are centered around specific destinations, passions or interests.
YMT Vacations is seeking a proactive, self-starting Business Development Manager with a knack for public speaking and an ability to build iron-clad business relationships. Experience in the travel industry is absolutely necessary, as is demonstrated success in travel or tour operations sales.
What does a Business Development Manager do?
The Business Development Manager will sell a full range of YMT Vacations products (tours and group travel) and will manage, grow and develop relationships with travel agents, retirement communities, and other affinity groups. This position is responsible for the achievement of revenue targets by expanding these channels and maintaining profit margins, presenting products to guests, and maintaining extensive knowledge of all available tours.
- Identify and cultivate new travel agencies or agents that can cost effectively grow product distribution
- Generate new business relationships with innovative and non-traditional affinity groups such as retirement communities, non-profit organizations, etc.
- Manage existing relationships with key accounts
- Develop a calling strategy to achieve the sales targets for the company that prioritizes agencies by productivity and potential; generate 50 outbound sales calls per week
- Manage the creation of sales presentations, marketing collateral, emails, newsletters and trade shows
- Attend trade shows, organize and staff these shows
- Analyze sales reports for key trends and provide weekly sales updates on activities and opportunities
- Participate and host familiarization trips as required
What are some key qualifications for this opportunity?
- 5+ years’ experience in travel industry
- Demonstrated successful sales history in the travel industry
- An understanding of the sales process, including commission structures, marketing plans, incentives, overrides and group sales
- Excellent communicator; good public speaker and ability to develop and deliver presentations to both agency and consumer audiences
- Strong initiative and self-starter
- Proficient with Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to travel as needed up to 75% of the year
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. YMT Vacations is an Equal Opportunity Employer.