Product Manager - Travel / Tourism
- 400 Continental Blvd, El Segundo, CA 90245, USA
Since 1967, YMT Vacations has provided our guests with affordable, fully-escorted tour and cruise tour vacations to Hawaii, Alaska, Europe, and beyond. Our goal is to take guests to dream destinations and provide an incredible experience to last a lifetime, all at a price that fits budget.
We offer our guests a wide variety of the best in affordable vacation packages, carefully curated by our team to reflect the interests of modern, mature travelers. Our hassle-free packages include hotels, sightseeing, baggage handling, and expert Tour Directors and driver guides.
Guests of YMT Vacations get more than just incredible value; our guests get to be part of a community. Our vacations connect travelers with new destinations and cultures, and with fellow YMT travelers. We have served over one million travelers through our time-tested tours, and nearly half of our customers are repeats or referrals!
Join YMT, and discover what it means to be part of an industry-leading tour operator.
What are you waiting for?
YMT Vacations is seeking a proactive, collaborative Product Manager with a knack for entrepreneurial problem-solving and advanced analytical skills, and experience in travel or tourism management. The Product Manager is responsible for travel product planning and development, vendor negotiations and contracting, and product life-cycle management.
What does a Product Manager do?
The Product Manager is responsible for owning three major areas of responsibility.
Product Planning, Contracting & Portfolio Management
- Develop and manage YMT tours through the product life-cycle
- Negotiate contract rates and terms for hotels, DMC's, cruise lines, optional tour operators, and special offers
- Maintain vendor relationships and contract administration
- Collaborate with Marketing to define marketing content and spend plans
- Provide tour set-up information for the reservation software (Softrip)
- Draft the tour itinerary descriptions to appeal to target audience
Pricing & Business Performance Management
- Set tour costs by analyzing historic performance, market influences, and budget requirements
- Collaborate with Air department to set air ticketing pricing and identify commercial tactical marketing opportunities
- Monitor sales against the budget and pace
- Manage planned promotions by working with Marketing to drive sales
- Manage tour capacity and inventory
Quality Assurance & Product Expertise
- Collaborate with Tour Operations to define operational delivery standards
- Assist with vendor performance management
- Convey to sales and service staff details about tour products and destination details
What are some key qualifications for this opportunity?
- 3+ years of management experience in the travel industry
- Travel product management, contracting, and pricing experience is necessary
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience in travel / tourism, business administration, marketing, or related
- Strong communicator with the ability to direct the actions of others
- Flexible and responsive to changing priorities while working under pressure
- Willingness to travel occasionally if necessary for trade shows, contracting, or planning
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. YMT Vacations is an Equal Opportuinty Employer.