Tour Operations Coordinator
- 400 Continental Blvd, El Segundo, CA 90245, USA
At YMT Vacations, the goal is to provide our guests with affordable vacations they will remember for years to come. We assemble hotel, tour, sightseeing, and cruise components and offer a range of inclusive value-priced escorted tour and cruise/tour vacation packages throughout North America and worldwide. We sell direct to customers from sales offices in Los Angeles and Detroit. Prospects respond to advertisements placed in a variety of media including newspapers, magazines, newsletters, radio campaigns, DR TV, direct mail and online.
YMT Vacations is a member of Travelopia, which is the world's largest collection of specialist travel brands. Each brand is individually operated, creating unique experiences that are centered around specific destinations, passions or interests.
YMT Vacations is seeking a proactive, self-motivated Tour Operations Coordinator with a knack for multi-tasking, prioritization, and problem-solving. The Tour Operations Coordinator truly is responsible for taking multiple moving pieces and ensuring they come together to form a fully-functional operation. Those with a background in Tour Operations and/or a degree in Travel, Tourism, Hospitality Management or related are encouraged to apply!
What does a Tour Operations Coordinator do?
The Tour Operations Coordinator prepares assigned tour departures for successful operation and coordinates all on-tour aspects with tour directors (peers), bus companies, hotels and other vendors. This includes setting up tour files, sending confirmations to vendors, creating bookings for guides and drivers as needed, establishing tour documentation, and preparing/reconfirming optional tours.
Key responsibilities include
- Successfully operate tours to ensure customer satisfaction while meeting profitability goals.
- Analyzes reservation info (via Softrip software) for accuracy.
- Reconfirms or adjusts services included in tour packages such as hotels, transportation, local events and services; using contracted guidelines with each vendor.
- Reviews the inventory report and works with internal departments to reduce space (inventory) where necessary.
- Generates tour documentation and distributes this documentation to required vendors and clients.
- Consults with supervisor or the Field Ops Manager in the event of issues, assists in the resolution process.
- Participates in the Emergency Phone rotation.
- 1-2 years' experience in tour operations, tourism, or related.
- Bachelor's degree in Travel, Tourism, or a related study.
- Excellent customer service mindset is paramount.
- Proven abilities to work under pressure and handle shifting priorities or deadlines with aplomb.
- Superior organizational and workload management skills with attention to detail.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and Internet.
- High-touch communication skills.
- Must be willing to work occasional evenings and weekends
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. YMT Vacations is an Equal Opportuinty Employer.