Project Manager I - Software Development
- 400 Continental Blvd, El Segundo, CA 90245, USA
At YMT Vacations, the goal is to provide our guests with affordable vacations they will remember for years to come. We assemble hotel, tour, sightseeing, and cruise components and offer a range of inclusive value-priced escorted tour and cruise/tour vacation packages throughout North America and worldwide. We sell direct to customers from sales offices in Los Angeles and Detroit. Prospects respond to advertisements placed in a variety of media including newspapers, magazines, newsletters, radio campaigns, DR TV, direct mail and online.
YMT Vacations is a member of Travelopia, which is the world's largest collection of specialist travel brands. Each brand is individually operated, creating unique experiences that are centered around specific destinations, passions or interests.
The Project Manager I (Software Development) has primary responsibility for the development, coordination, and internal execution of system project plans from start to finish. The Software Developer / Project Manager I will ultimately be the resident expert of the Enterprise Software & Business System operations.
- Evaluate, plan, execute and manage system project plans.
- Create and implement “best practices” operational principles, policies and processes across the organization to improve performance.
- Support continuous improvement initiatives and identify inefficiencies and cost optimization opportunities.
- Map out current system workflows and compare Enterprise Software (ERP) “out of the box” version vs. current modified status to determine if prior modifications have eroded efficiencies.
- Lead a small team in designing, testing and implementation of new system capabilities in managing group tour based travel products (including price modeling within system).
- Service and support system workflows and ERP post-implementation.
- Support new business initiatives and projects and contribute to review meetings and change process. Ensure effective implementation takes place relating to the changes.
- Serve as main point of contact and liaise with internal teams and outside vendors to determine and implement best solutions.
- Define project success criteria, functional specifications and acceptance criteria.
- Assist all departments to utilize technology efficiently.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Broad understanding of project life cycle including systems analysis, development, testing, workflow implementation.
- Knowledge of databases and coding concepts, ability to work and communicate with software developers.
- Ability to design & implement continuous improvement and testing processes.
- 1-2 years’ experience managing one or more moderately complex projects.
- BA/BS in a relevant field or equivalent experience.
- Sense of urgency in getting projects completed.
- Ability to quickly grasp key business and technical issues.
- Very strong communication and presentation skills (internally and externally).
- Possess ability to effectively conceptualize, plan and organize.
- Ability to work well independently or as part of a team.
- *Experience working in the Retail, Consumer Products or Travel industries is preferred.
- *PMP certification preferred.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.