Call Center Director of Sales - Travel Industry
- 400 Continental Blvd, El Segundo, CA 90245, USA
At YMT Vacations, the goal is to provide our guests with affordable vacations they will remember for years to come. We assemble hotel, tour, sightseeing, and cruise components and offer a range of inclusive value-priced escorted tour and cruise/tour vacation packages throughout North America and worldwide. We sell direct to customers from sales offices in Los Angeles and Detroit. Prospects respond to advertisements placed in a variety of media including newspapers, magazines, newsletters, radio campaigns, DR TV, direct mail and online.
YMT Vacations is a member of Travelopia, which is the world's largest collection of specialist travel brands. Each brand is individually operated, creating unique experiences that are centered around specific destinations, passions or interests.
The Director of Sales manages all aspects of call center operations for the following departments: inside and outside sales, guest services and the air ticketing departments. The Director of Sales ensures all staff performance measures and targets are achieved; drive performance through coaching, performance management, and leadership; serves as a member of the Executive leadership and senior management team with 3 direct reports at a Manager level. These are call center sales and service departments, and a background in call center sales / service is preferred.
- Manage, coach and motivate team managers, supervisors, leads and staff, ensuring they have the ability, knowledge and focus to coach and train their teams to achieve and exceed sales and service targets; take action when targeted achievement is not met to identify the issue, source and implement an appropriate solution.
- Collaborate with senior management team to develop common objectives and financial goals.
- Recruit and develop high quality sales, guest service and air department resources to agreed budgets and timescales.
- Provide support to the customer service team and act as a point of escalation for customer queries or complaints and resolve issues in the interest of both the customer and the business
- Review actual call volumes against forecasted and make ongoing recommendations for future month’s forecast, identifying potential resourcing issues.
- 5+ years of experience managing a call center service / sales department; travel or tourism industry experience is highly preferred.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent experience a plus.
- Demonstrated experience building, leading, motivating teams in a call center environment required.
- Demonstrated experience and leadership in process improvement. Demonstrated ability to identify necessary improvements, implement and manage change.
- Knowledge of air ticketing, air product and contracting experience preferred.
- Experience participating and contributing on executive leadership team.
- Customer focused and able to deal with and take ownership of and solve complex customer issues.
- Displays a good commercial awareness and understanding of company business plans, objectives and strategy, in addition to competitor awareness.
- Strong background in complex back-office systems.
- Knowledge of Amadeus, Mitel and Softrip preferred.
- High energy, positive, goal oriented.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with strong interpersonal skills.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.