Development Project Manager
- 400 Continental Blvd, El Segundo, CA 90245, USA
At YMT Vacations, the goal is to provide our guests with affordable vacations they will remember for years to come. We assemble hotel, tour, sightseeing, and cruise components and offer a range of inclusive value-priced escorted tour and cruise/tour vacation packages throughout North America and worldwide. We sell direct to customers from sales offices in Los Angeles and Detroit. Prospects respond to advertisements placed in a variety of media including newspapers, magazines, newsletters, radio campaigns, DR TV, direct mail and online.
YMT Vacations is a member of Travelopia, which is the world's largest collection of specialist travel brands. Each brand is individually operated, creating unique experiences that are centered around specific destinations, passions or interests.
The Development Project Manager (DPM) has primary responsibility for the development coordination and internal execution of system project plans from start to finish. The DPM will map out current system workflows and compare Enterprise Software (ERP) “out of the box” version vs. current modified status to determine if prior modifications have eroded efficiencies. The DPM will lead a small team in designing, testing and implementation of new system capabilities in managing group tour based travel products (including price modeling within system) and will liaise with internal teams and outside vendors to determine and implement best solutions. DPM defines project success criteria, functional specifications and acceptance criteria. The DPM to ultimately be the resident expert of Enterprise Software & Business operations related utilizing technology efficiently. They will consistently demonstrate knowledge of managerial concepts, leadership behaviors, coaching and mentoring project team members; works effectively with varying levels of management and third parties to solve problems and make decisions.
- 5 years’ experience managing one or more moderately complex projects
- Broad understanding of project lifecycle including systems analysis, development, testing, workflow implementation
- Knowledge of databases and coding concepts
- Sense of urgency in getting projects completed
- Ability to quickly grasp key business and technical issues
- Very strong communication and presentation skills (internally and externally)
- Detailed understanding of project management best practices
- 2 years’ experience with direct responsibility for small team
- Familiarity with coding concepts, ability to speak to developers
- Ability to design & implement continuous improvement and testing processes
- PMP certification
- BA/BS in a relevant field or equivalent experience
- Experience working in the Retail, Consumer Products or Travel industries
- Ability to operate standard office equipment, including but not limited to, computers, telephone systems, calculators, copiers and fax machines.
- Ability to work well independently or as part of a team.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.