Travel Sales Representative
- 400 Continental Blvd, El Segundo, CA 90245, USA
At YMT Vacations, the goal is to provide our guests with affordable vacations they will remember for years to come. We assemble hotel, tour, sightseeing, and cruise components and offer a range of inclusive value-priced escorted tour and cruise/tour vacation packages throughout North America and worldwide. We sell direct to customers from sales offices in Los Angeles and Detroit. Prospects respond to advertisements placed in a variety of media including newspapers, magazines, newsletters, radio campaigns, DR TV, direct mail and online.
YMT Vacations is a member of Travelopia, which is the world's largest collection of specialist travel brands. Each brand is individually operated, creating unique experiences that are centered around specific destinations, passions or interests.
This role has the responsibility to sell a full range of YMT Vacations products through inquiries from various advertising sources. Leads are provided through inbound/outbound calls and emails, and the position has the responsibility of turning the lead into a sale (no cold calling). This position presents a quality presentation of products to guests by maintaining extensive knowledge of all available tours. This positon displays the ability to approach a fast-paced and constantly changing industry with flexibility, creativity, and a positive attitude.
This role may be required to work occasional overtime, weekends (Saturday and/or Sunday), and holidays.
- Handle inbound and outbound calls in a call center environment; work actively to determine callers needs by using demonstrated product knowledge and sales expertise to facilitate the purchase of vacation packages.
- Maintain thorough contact records and make outbound calls to follow up on leads.
- Close sales and maintain consultative relationship with guests to ensure satisfaction and repeat business.
- Complete company-provided training programs and seek additional destination knowledge.
- Maintain a high level of customer service and ensure a reputable representation of YMT Vacations.
- Take appropriate steps to meet monthly sales goals; consistently achieve and/or exceed daily KPIs (lead entry rate, follow-up rate, e-mail pick-up rate, etc.).
- Adhere to department guidelines for day-to-day responsibilities including phone and web etiquette, attendance, accurate data entry/contact information capture.
- Minimum one year experience in sales.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and organizational skills required.
- Ability to multi-task and maintain a level of professionalism in high pressure situations.
- Strong computer aptitude and skills to quickly grasp new software such as Softrip.
- Experience using computer software/programs, including Microsoft Office Suite.
- Personal travel experience in cruising, motorcoach tours and international travel, preferred.
- Experience in a telesales environment, preferred.
- College degree, preferred.
- Travel industry experience, preferred.
- Customer service experience is an advantage!
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.