Air Ticketing Manager
- 400 Continental Blvd, El Segundo, CA 90245, USA
At YMT Vacations, the goal is to provide our guests with affordable vacations they will remember for years to come. We assemble hotel, tour, sightseeing, and cruise components and offer a range of inclusive value-priced escorted tour and cruise/tour vacation packages throughout North America and worldwide. We sell direct to customers from sales offices in Los Angeles and Detroit. Prospects respond to advertisements placed in a variety of media including newspapers, magazines, newsletters, radio campaigns, DR TV, direct mail and online.
YMT Vacations is a member of Travelopia, which is the world's largest collection of specialist travel brands. Each brand is individually operated, creating unique experiences that are centered around specific destinations, passions or interests.
The Air Ticketing Manager is responsible for managing and maintaining the overall department and all assigned responsibilities, including the ‘air’ process calendar. They will manage the Air Specialists and their workload as well as train and develop their team as required. They will establish, implement, and manage departmental best practices. They will ensure that YMT air add-on’s fulfill operational and margin requirements and ensure that the guest experience is taken into account at all stages.
- Manage all ticketing administration processes in the most efficient and cost-effective manner for the business – EG queue management, schedule changes, cancellations, exchanges, re-issues, debit memos, e-ticketing, etc.
- Reconcile ARC and back office system weekly
- Ensure that all tours are ticketed to necessary timelines
- Produce YMT tour flight add-on harts for all tours, based on agreed margins & on-sale timelines by liaising with Product Managers to provide air considerations for new and existing tours
- Monitor market fares versus air add-on charts and recommend changes as necessary from published fares, group fares, fare sales, web, low cost carriers, airline contracts and consolidators
- Service all guest air product & ticketing calls in a timely & effective manner as well as service all ticketing and air add-on, this may include after-hours emergency calls
- Source and maintain relevant airline contracts direct from airlines, or from Travelopia companies
- Monitor competitors and awareness of other tour operator air business models
- Proactively look for opportunities to optimize margin and improve guest value
- Stay informed of regulatory and security issues and escalate where necessary
- Oversee quality control - ensure best practice is adopted to minimize air reservation errors
- Provide out of hours support to Operations team when required in relation on-tour air & ticketing issues and when required, provide air product & ticketing support to Incident Management Team
- Produce monthly P&L report, schedule of deposits & other KPI’s as required relating to department activity
- Provide periodic air product training to Sales Department to minimize internal administrative errors and to ensure their communication with guests is as accurate as possible
- Participate in post tour review meetings
- Maintain all ARC and IATAN accreditation documents to stay compliant
- Minimum 5 years ticketing operations management experience preferably in air ticketing environment
- ARC Specialist or accreditation preferred
- Excellent working knowledge of Amadeus or other GDS
- Excellent organizational and time management skills and ability to meet assigned deadlines
- Analytical skills with good working knowledge of Excel & MS Office
- Excellent analytical and communication skills, both verbal and written, and ability to direct the actions of others
- Flexible and able to adapt to changing priorities
- A team player with the ability to work with a multitude of departments and staff members of all levels
- Strong communication skills and ability to problem solve, and work under pressure of immediate deadlines
- Staff Management experience
- Working knowledge of airline contracts
- Experience in managing airline vendor relations
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.