Travel Sales Representative
- 835 Mason St, Dearborn, MI 48124, USA
At YMT Vacations, our goal is to provide our guests affordable vacations that they will remember for years to come. We aspire to give our guests the best in affordable vacation packages and services, offering a wide variety of destination options that reflect the interests of modern, mature travelers. We sell direct to customers from sales offices in Los Angeles, Detroit & Cincinnati offering a range of inclusive escorted tour and cruise/tour vacation itineraries within North America and worldwide. YMT is a subsidiary of TUI Travel PLC, the world’s leading leisure travel company operating in over 180 countries with more than 30 million customers in 27 key source markets.
This role has the responsibility to sell a full range of YMT Vacations products through inquiries from various advertising sources. Leads are provided through inbound/outbound calls and emails, and the position has the responsibility of turning the lead into a sale (no cold calling). This position presents a quality presentation of products to guests by maintaining extensive knowledge of all available tours. This positon displays the ability to approach a fast-paced and constantly changing industry with flexibility, creativity, and a positive attitude.
This role may be required to work occasional overtime, weekends (Saturday and/or Sunday), and holidays.
- Handle inbound and outbound calls in a call center environment; work actively to determine callers needs by using demonstrated product knowledge and sales expertise to facilitate the purchase of vacation packages.
- Maintain thorough contact records and make outbound calls to follow up on leads.
- Close sales and maintain consultative relationship with guests to ensure satisfaction and repeat business.
- Complete company-provided training programs and seek additional destination knowledge.
- Maintain a high level of customer service and ensure a reputable representation of YMT Vacations.
- Take appropriate steps to meet monthly sales goals; consistently achieve and/or exceed daily KPIs (lead entry rate, follow-up rate, e-mail pick-up rate, etc.).
- Adhere to department guidelines for day-to-day responsibilities including phone and web etiquette, attendance, accurate data entry/contact information capture.
- Minimum one year experience in sales.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and organizational skills required.
- Ability to multi-task and maintain a level of professionalism in high pressure situations.
- Strong computer aptitude and skills to quickly grasp new software such as Softrip.
- Experience using computer software/programs, including Microsoft Office Suite.
- Personal travel experience in cruising, motorcoach tours and international travel, preferred.
- Experience in a telesales environment, preferred.
- College degree, preferred.
- Travel industry experience, preferred.
- Customer service experience is an advantage!
**THIS POSITION IS LOCATED IN DETROIT, MI OR EL SEGUNDO, CA**
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.