Ops and Guest Experience Coordinator
- 150 Kaiulani Ave, Honolulu, HI 96815, USA
At YMT Vacations, our goal is to provide our guests affordable vacations that they will remember for years to come. We aspire to give our guests the best in affordable vacation packages and services, offering a wide variety of destination options that reflect the interests of modern, mature travelers. We sell direct to customers from sales offices in Los Angeles, Detroit & Cincinnati offering a range of inclusive escorted tour and cruise/tour vacation itineraries within North America and worldwide. YMT is a subsidiary of TUI Travel PLC, the world’s leading leisure travel company operating in over 180 countries with more than 30 million customers in 27 key source markets.
The Operations and Guest Experience Coordinator reports to and supports the Operations and Guest Experience Manager, through all aspects of pre-tour planning and the on-tour operational delivery cycle. This role requires commitment, flexibility and a high level of accuracy and attention to detail. The Operations and Guest Experience Coordinator will have specific responsibilities as well as providing administrative support to the Operations and Guest Experience Manager.
- Pre-tour planning; maintenance of tour planning chart, planning ground transportation and baggage handling schedules and communicating with vendors
- Plan airport arrivals, including flights and greeter coordination
- Preparation of tour documentation
- Attend weekly guest welcome briefings and assist with sales payment processing– up to two mornings per week
- Answer office phones and work with Tour Directors, head office and vendors
- Assist with late bookings, cancellations and vendor updates
- Sell optional tours, notify vendors
- Run occasional errands in Waikiki / Honolulu
- Preparation of vendor invoices for approval
- Send ADA requests to vendors and liaise with LA head office
- Manage and maintain vendor contract database
- Consolidate and review guest feedback and post tour complaints
- Assist in the gathering of good quality product content from hotels and other destination suppliers
- Maintain YMT tours’ technical itineraries
- Assist the Operations and Guest Experience Manager in analyzing destination sales and profitability
- Work with Operations and Travel Studio team to ensure that product and tour information on travel documents is up to date and accurate
- Prepare tour close-out files
- Act as “manager-on-duty” during the absence of Operations and Guest Experience Manager
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned by Operations and Guest Experience Manager and/or VP of Product and Operations
- Minimum of two to three years of Hawaii travel industry, hotel or vendor experience in the following areas: Operations, Sales, Reservations or Administration
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Strong organizational skills with good attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent mathematical and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Must be a team player as well as being able to work under own initiative
- Requires competent computer skills with good working knowledge of Excel, Word & PowerPoint
Duties and responsibilities are generally performed in an office environment with a regular work schedule. Environmental conditions generally include ambient to cool inside temperature, ambient inside lighting and ambient inside low noise levels. Occasionally work outside may be required-includes warm temperatures and wind. Physical demands generally include frequent reaching and grasping, light to moderate lifting (10-20 lbs.), and light to moderate carrying. Mobility demands generally include continuous sitting and continuous standing for long periods of time. Sensory demands generally include keyboarding, computer terminal, and telephone operation.
- Walking, bending, pushing, reaching and lifting up to 50 lbs. (additional weight may be required with assistance)
- May be required to stand for long duration periods
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.