Privacy and Compliance Officer
- Sydney NSW, Australia
Xref (XF1) is on a mission to bring positive change to the recruitment process by offering reference, background and ID checks that are fast, simple and secure.
Since listing on the ASX we have expanded across APAC, Europe, Canada and the USA supporting thousands of businesses across multiple markets and industries, delivering a robust and reliable service to some of the most highly regulated, audited and trusted companies globally.
This newly created role is a great opportunity for a junior privacy and compliance officer looking to gain global exposure in an ASX listed company. You will be the point of contact across the Xref group for internal and external compliance and privacy queries as well as being responsible for continuing to build & improve our existing strong security strategy & processes to ensure our customer data is secure and protected against potential security/data breaches.
You can expect to undertake the following responsibilities:
- Keep abreast of global changes in the regulatory landscape
- Advise the business on GDPR and relevant localised Privacy requirements globally and ensure the business is fully compliant
- Conduct regular staff training & collaborate with internal stakeholders to better manage privacy implications of data security
- Review policies to ensure they cover applicable privacy laws and regulations
- Ensure our internal privacy & compliance systems are functioning in accordance with our ISO27001 certification
- Handle any external privacy queries
- Draft policies and assist with compliance questionnaires from clients
- Assist our HR team with relevant employment law compliance
- Assist our General Counsel with any overflow work from time to time
The role would suit a junior compliance / privacy officer with a few years experience, looking to expand their knowledge with the following skills / attributes:
- Exposure to and knowledge of GDPR and the Australian Regulatory landscape (essential)
- Ability to learn and uptake new skills quickly and confidently
- The ability to analyse information efficiently, drawing on experience and using creative solutions to solve problems
- Enjoy working autonomously with a mixture of WFH and from the office
- A strong communicator with the ability to translate technical jargon for the business
- The ability to engage with stakeholders and develop meaningful relationships for a collaborative working environment
- Flexible Work Approach - 2020 has shown us the value of a more outcome driven approach to work.
- Career Development - Whether you're taking on new responsibilities, following your passion to a new area of the business or starting an adventure in any of our other global offices - we're proud to offer tailored opportunities.
- Birthday Leave - We’ve said it before and we’ll say it again, we love any excuse to celebrate - here’s an extra day to take off just for you.
- Events - We’re a social bunch and sure know how to have a good time! From team days out to client focused events, we make sure to keep work fun!
Check out employee journeys and what it's like to work at Xref here >> www.xref.com/company/careers