- Sydney NSW, Australia
Xref (XF1) is a high-growth tech company supporting the HR and recruitment industries. We provide an online reference checking service to remove a traditionally manual and admin-heavy task in the recruitment process.
We started our journey in Sydney over 8 years ago and are now a global leader operating from 6 countries with 95 employees. With even more growth planned ahead, this really is an exciting time to jump on board!
Why join Xref's Development team?
Driven - we’re an ambitious bunch and we’re always on the lookout for new ways to improve the Xref platform
A family - We're a close team of 25 and we love what we do, we believe in the platform and we encourage each other to succeed as a team and individually
Fast-paced - in a high-growth company, things can change in a heartbeat but we’ve got the drive to jump in and get a job done
Hands-on - we will all roll up our sleeves and get involved. While we have individual specialist skills, we support each other to deliver the best results as a team
Award-Winning - we have won multiple awards celebrating the technology we have created and this is all down to our hard-working dev team
How will you contribute to the Xref team?
This is a great opportunity for a budding data engineer to gain a strong foundation in a high performing company. You will work with leading technologies and be supported by a highly experienced team to deliver the information, analytics and capability needed for Xref to be a customer focused, data driven organisation.
You will design, build, run and support cloud-based data processing platforms, real time workload and streaming data flows in a large utility environment.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Collaborate with product owners and deliver to a high-quality standard within and agile development environment
- Work closely with our Data Architect to agree on the design of technical solutions and then implement these on a variety of data platforms
- Adhere to and contribute to the evolution of automated testing and continuous integration/delivery practices within the team
- Consult on solution designs and participate in defining and implementing solutions for large scale analytics platforms
- Support and enable the business in analysing, modelling, interpreting and deploying advanced, scalable and effective data and analytics solutions
What do you need?
- You are already a data engineer looking to work in an agile team with cutting-edge technology OR you have been a Python developer for a minimum of 3 years with a key interest in data
- Previous usage in SQL and AWS is essential
- Demonstrated experience of cloud storage systems (AWS), relational databases and distributed computation to create efficient, scalable fit-for-purpose data pipelines
- Exposure across multiple languages (python essential)
- Awareness of machine learning techniques and supporting system designs.
Nice to haves:
Data Modeling, Data Warehousing, Data Streaming (kafka, firehose, Visualisation Building (Tableau)), MongoDB, Elasticsearch, DynamoDB
Our office location is amazing, escape the hustle and bustle of the Sydney CBD and work in the pristine Walsh Bay/The Rocks area. Walk to the Opera House every lunchtime and enjoy the harbour view!