Tech Lead Dev Ops and Security
- Sydney NSW, Australia
Xref is a high-growth tech company supporting the HR and recruitment industries. We provide an online reference checking service to remove a traditionally manual and admin-heavy task in the recruitment process.
We started our journey in Sydney over 8 years ago and are now a global leader operating from 6 countries with circa 100 employees. With even more growth planned ahead, this really is an exciting time to jump on board!
Why join Xref's Development team?
Driven - we’re an ambitious bunch and we’re always on the lookout for new ways to improve the Xref platform
A family - We're a close team of 25 and we love what we do, we believe in the platform and we encourage each other to succeed as a team and individually
Fast-paced - in a high-growth company, things can change in a heartbeat but we’ve got the drive to jump in and get a job done
Hands-on - we will all roll up our sleeves and get involved. While we have individual specialist skills, we support each other to deliver the best results as a team.
Award-Winning - we have won multiple awards celebrating the technology we have created and this is all down to our hard-working dev team!
In this busy role you will:
- Work collaboratively with our software engineers to standardise multiple process
- Manage 2 team members (our junior sys-admin and devops engineer) to ensure they are producing high quality work and meeting targets / deadlines effectively
- Oversee multiple data centres to protect our ever-growing global clients and users
- Help automate and streamline our operations and processes
- Build and maintain tools for deployment, monitoring and operations
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues in our dev, testing and production environment
- Attend iteration planning sessions and participate in the sizing of the effort
- Participate in project stand-ups by effectively communicating status and impediments to progress
- Explore new technologies and share findings with the development team
Required skills and experience:
Solid cloud experience with AWS core services (IAM, VPC, EC2, RDS, Route53, CloudFront, CloudWatch) is essential
3-5 years’ experience as a senior devops engineer with a strong leadership / management focus is essential
Understanding of security principles and AWS best practises
Good understanding of Infrastructure-as-a-code approach and exposure to AWS CloudFormation, Terraform
Solid experiencing in building and maintaining Docker images
Understanding of CI/CD tools such as Jenkins CI, Travis CI, AWS CodeBuild
Solid understanding of TCP/IP, networking and protocols
DDoS mitigation techniques / IPS-IDS / Web Application Firewalls
Solid coding/scripting skills (Java, Python, bash)
Understanding of Web and API development
Solid understanding of source code control, preferably with Git
A passion for what you do and a desire to do it well
Work closely and communicate effectively with the development team and product stakeholders to ensure project outcomes adhere to agreed quality standards
Desirable skills and experience:
Strong skill sets in Web and API development and architectures (Event Driven, SOA, Microservices)
Experience with AWS CloudFront & WAF
Experience with container runtime clustering and management (ECS/Kubernetes)
Experience with serverless (AWS Lambda, Serverless, Zappa)
Being able to demonstrate a commercial AWS solution you architected and built
What we’re offering you
A competitive salary with performance bonus
Some exciting technology to work on
A great place to work with a highly motivated team
To find out more about life at Xref and this opportunity, apply via the link today!