Business Development Manager - Integrated Payments
- Role type: Individual Contributor
- Department: Business Development
- Division: XplorPay
At Xplor, we believe that helping people make the most of each day is the most rewarding way to spend ours.
We give small and medium-sized businesses cloud-based, intuitive technology solutions that enable them to manage all the hassles of running and growing a business, so business owners can get back to doing what they love. With Xplor Pay, we help businesses get paid quickly and securely – without hidden fees. We built the tech ourselves, and our platform delivers secure, transparent, fast, and accurate payments.
We are unified by our purpose of helping people to succeed. So, when you become part of our team, you also become part of the personal connection that strengthens the relationship people have with Xplor products.
About the opportunity
Join our Xplor Pay Team as a Business Development Manager - Integrated Payments to make a real impact every day. We say that because we know that every conversation we have, every code line we write and every interface we design is another opportunity for us to enrich our customers’ experiences.
Reporting into the Director of Payments, ANZ, you'll will be responsible for creating strategic partnerships with Fintech Tech and SaaS companies to grow the number of Independent Software Vendors (ISV) who use Debit Success as their embedded payments provider.
Some of the other responsibilities
- Engaging, signing and onboarding new software partners and embedding Debit Success payments into the Software
- Conduct regular communication with prospective partners, across market verticals to drive Xplor Pay partnership consideration.
- Manage multiple opportunities, concurrently, through various stages of the selling cycle; identify, execute and close qualified new business partnerships.
- Understand qualified prospect pipeline, forecasting, and revenue projections.
- Must be able to work effectively in a virtual team setting to coordinate the multiple stake holders to meet varying partner requirements.
You can work fully remote in this position, provided you have eligible working rights, and you are in a time zone with enough overlap to collaborate with your team.
What would make a good candidate
We are looking for curious and empathetic people. We also love to hear from people who are motivated by meaningful work, resonate with our four core values, have a positive outlook, are comfortable with ambiguity and thrive working in an ever-evolving and complex environment. We are inspired by meeting big picture thinkers and doers, people who can be both tactical and strategic, aim high and put people first in everything they do.
- Ability to build relationships with decision makers in the software industry
- previous experience with embedding financial solutions (preferably payments) into software vendors
- Posses a fundamental understanding of technical and financial solution selling
- Strong negotiation skills
- Proficiency in understanding API's
- Previously demonstrated sales performance in meeting or exceeding targets
- Preferrable to have an established list of contacts in the ISV/embedded payments space.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required to create proposals and possible written tenders.
At Xplor, we believe that the best innovation and ideas happen at the intersections of our differences - people of diverse cultures, generations, disciplines, and lived experiences. So even if you think you do not tick all the boxes, we still encourage you to apply.
Life at Xplor
You’ll be part of a global network of talented colleagues who support your success. We look for commonalities and shared passions and give people the tools they need to deliver great work and grow at speed.
Some of our perks and benefits:
- 12 weeks Gender Neutral Paid Parental Leave for both primary and secondary carer
- #GiveBackDays/Commitment to social impact – 3 extra days off to volunteer and give back to your local community
- Ongoing dedication to Diversity & Inclusion initiatives such as D&I Council, Global Mentorship Program
- Unlimited access to LinkedIn Learning, plus regular career and growth conversations with your leader, as part of Xplor GPS
- Access to free mental health support
- Flexible working arrangements
Ready to apply?
To start your application, please submit your resume and we’ll be in touch as soon as we can. Please include the word "moonshot" at the top of your message to the Hiring Manager so that we know you took the time to read our job ad.
We understand that diverse candidates have diverse needs. We welcome you to inform us of any additional needs related to completing your job application or participating in the interview process, via [email protected].
More about us
Xplor Technologies is a global platform integrating SaaS solutions, embedded payments, and Commerce Accelerating Technologies to help businesses succeed. Xplor provides enterprise-grade SaaS solutions for businesses in “everyday life” verticals: Childcare & Education; Fitness & Wellbeing, Field Services and Personal Services – and a global cloud-based payment processing platform.
Xplor Technologies serves over 78,000 customers that processed over $36 billion in payments, operating across 20 markets in 2022.
Good to know
To be considered for employment, you must be legally authorised to work in the location (country) you're applying for. Xplor does not sponsor visas, either at the time of hire or at any later time.
We kindly ask you to apply through our careers portal or external job boards only. Please don't send your application via email.
To learn more about us and our products, please visit https://www.xplortechnologies.com/au/careers.
We also invite you to check out our Candidate FAQs for more information about our recruitment process https://www.xplortechnologies.com/us/recruitment-faqs.
Xplor is dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing our people regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community and we strongly encourage applications from the Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander community.
We are a 2024 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.