Senior Software Engineer - PHP
- Role type: Individual Contributor
- Department: Engineering - SaaS
- Division: Global Technology
At Xplor we help businesses succeed by giving them the software, payments, and commerce-accelerating technologies they need to thrive.
We know our clients and partners because we once were our clients. We understand their industry, customers, and unique goals so that we can help them overcome obstacles and leave a lasting legacy.
Membr are recruiting for a Senior Backend Software Engineer! Are you a team-player, motivated to make a difference, and looking for your next exciting career move? We are a global provider of gym management software, dedicated to our vision of motivating, educating and inspiring individuals to a healthier lifestyle through the use of our ‘member-centric’ fitness software, and are looking to increase our team due to our continued global expansion. We offer the feel and freedom of a start-up, allowing you to innovate, whilst still providing the support of a stable and structured organisation.
Are you a passionate web applications developer with a strong focus on quality and technology? We're seeking a well-rounded professional who values continuous learning and strives to enhance our products and customer experience. Our ideal candidate has a deep understanding of the tools, technologies, and best practices behind delivering excellent customer experiences and highly available software. We're interested in craftspersons who take pride in their work.
We are looking for an experienced back-end developer with the following qualifications:
- 5+ years of hands-on experience with PHP, Symfony or Laravel, ideally across multiple roles
- Strong knowledge of OOP and SOLID principles
- Familiarity with relational databases (e.g. MySQL)
- Proficiency in building and working with RESTful services and APIs
- Experience using testing frameworks for robust code
- Proficiency with Git and Docker for local development
- Multiple years of experience working on highly developed business critical systems
- Experience with NoSQL databases (e.g. MongoDB, DynamoDB)
- Experience with AWS and serverless applications
- A strong problem solver who views complex challenges as opportunities
- Excellent communication skills for effectively collaborating with fellow developers, whether in person, via email or through technical documentation
- Ability to stay focused and prioritise tasks when requirements evolve or priorities shift
Ready to apply?
To start your application, please submit your resume and we will be in touch as soon as we can. Please include the word "moonshot" at the top of your message to the Hiring Manager so that we know you took the time to read our job ad.
We kindly ask you to apply through our careers portal or external job boards (LinkedIn, Naukri, Indeed, etc) only. Please don't send your application via email. They will not be forwarded.
More about us
Xplor Technologies is a global platform integrating SaaS solutions, embedded payments, and Commerce Accelerating Technologies to help businesses succeed. Xplor provides enterprise-grade SaaS solutions for businesses in “everyday life” verticals: Childcare & Education; Fitness & Wellbeing, Field Services and Personal Services – and a global cloud-based payment processing platform.
Xplor Technologies serves over 78,000 customers that processed over $36 billion in payments, operating across 20 markets in 2022.
Good to know
To be considered for employment, you must be legally authorised to work in the location (country) you're applying for. Xplor does not sponsor visas, either at the time of hire or at any later time.
To learn more about us and our products, please visit www.xplortechnologies.com/us/careers.
We also invite you to check out our Candidate FAQs for more information about our recruitment process www.xplortechnologies.com/us/recruitment-faqs.
Xplor is committed to providing equal opportunities in employment and creating an inclusive work environment. We provide equal opportunities to all our employees and to all eligible applicants for employment in our company. We do not unfairly discriminate on any ground, including race, religion, color, ancestry, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, age, nationality, ethnic origin, disability or any other category protected by applicable law.
We are a 2024 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.