Site Reliability Engineer
- Role type: Individual Contributor
- Department: Engineering - SaaS
- Division: Global Technology
Take a seat on the Xplor rocketship and join us as Site Reliability Engineer to help people succeed across the world.
From dropping your kids off at childcare, getting something at home repaired, going to the gym or a fitness studio, to picking up your dry cleaning — our software, payments, and commerce-enabling solutions help everyday life businesses to overcome obstacles and form great relationships with their customers.
For this role you will be working from our office in Pune, Maharashtra.
About the opportunity
Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) is what you get when you treat operations as if it is a software problem. Our mission is to protect and provide for the software and systems behind Xplor’s services with an ever-watchful eye on their availability, latency, performance, and capacity. As an SRE you will use your experience in running production-grade software to build automation that allow our systems to run smoothly with minimal intervention.
- Automate pipelines to production and make it safe, secure, and repeatable so that development teams can self-service
- Participate in the incident response process to minimize user-impacting events and ensure they do not reoccur
- Configure and maintain AWS and Azure infrastructure supporting active development and iteration
- Solve problems relating to mission critical services and build automation to prevent problem recurrence with the goal of automating response to all non-exceptional service conditions
- Influence and create new designs, architectures, standards, and methods for large-scale distributed systems
- Build world-class alerting, monitoring, and capacity management systems for the management of our platform’s health
- Eliminate unnecessary complexity to make life simple and build for people
- Participate in on-call rotation
- Other duties as assigned by management
- Languages: Python, bash, Powershell, C#, Java, php, Typescript, terraform
- Workload management: AWS
- CI/CD: Git, Bitbucket, Bamboo, Azure DevOps
- Infrastructure as code: Typescript CDK, terraform, ansible
- Monitoring: Elastic / ELK, AWS Cloudwatch, APM & observability tools
- 2-5 years of experience in a software development and/or operations role
- Intermediate experience with CI/CD pipelines
- Prior experience in cloud-native AWS infrastructure
- Proficient with Typescript CDK for provisioning/maintaining AWS infrastructure
- Prior experience with scripting (Typescript, Powershell, bash, or Python preferred)
- Ability to troubleshoot running applications in a systematic manner
- Working proficiency with Git
- Comfortable with Scrum-based development lifecycle
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong and clear written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to translate complex ideas into diagrams, user stories, and ultimately working software
- Strong sense of ownership around producing results.
Ready to apply?
To start your application, please submit your resume and we will be in touch as soon as we can. Please include the word "moonshot" at the top of your message to the Hiring Manager so that we know you took the time to read our job ad.
We understand that diverse candidates have diverse needs. We welcome you to inform us of any additional needs related to completing your job application or participating in the interview process, via [email protected].
We kindly ask you to apply through our careers portal or external job boards (LinkedIn, Naukri, Indeed, etc) only. Please don't send your application via email. They will not be forwarded.
More about us
Xplor Technologies is a global platform integrating SaaS solutions, embedded payments, and Commerce Accelerating Technologies to help businesses succeed. Xplor provides enterprise-grade SaaS solutions for businesses in “everyday life” verticals: Childcare & Education; Fitness & Wellbeing, Field Services and Personal Services – and a global cloud-based payment processing platform.
Xplor Technologies serves over 78,000 customers that processed over $36 billion in payments, operating across 20 markets in 2022.
Good to know
To be considered for employment, you must be legally authorised to work in the location (country) you're applying for. Xplor does not sponsor visas, either at the time of hire or at any later time.
To learn more about us and our products, please visit www.xplortechnologies.com/us/careers.
We also invite you to check out our Candidate FAQs for more information about our recruitment process www.xplortechnologies.com/us/recruitment-faqs.
Xplor is committed to providing equal opportunities in employment and creating an inclusive work environment. We provide equal opportunities to all our employees and to all eligible applicants for employment in our company. We do not unfairly discriminate on any ground, including race, religion, color, ancestry, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, age, nationality, ethnic origin, disability or any other category protected by applicable law.
We are a 2024 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.