Site Reliability Engineer
- Role type: Individual Contributor
- Department: Dev Ops
- Division: Global Technology
At Xplor we help businesses succeed by giving them the software, payments, and commerce-accelerating technologies they need to thrive.
We know our clients and partners because we once were our clients. We understand their industry, customers, and unique goals so that we can help them overcome obstacles and leave a lasting legacy.
Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) is what you get when you treat operations as if it is a software problem.
Our mission is to protect and provide for the software and systems behind Xplor’s services with an ever-watchful eye on their availability, latency, performance, and capacity. As an SRE you will use your experience in running production-grade software to build automation that allow our systems to run smoothly with minimal intervention.
This is an ideal role for someone who wants to work through problems and provide solutions that have significant positive impact to our products and customers.
Essential duties and responsibilities include...
- Automate pipelines to production and make it safe, secure, and repeatable so that development teams can self-service
- Configure and manage production workloads in Azure, AWS, and on-premise datacenters
- Construct and maintain infrastructure-as-code using Terraform, Puppet, and Ansible
- Solve problems relating to mission critical services and build automation to prevent problem recurrence with the goal of automating response to all non-exceptional service conditions
- Influence and create new designs, architectures, standards, and methods for large-scale distributed systems
- Build world-class alerting, monitoring, and capacity management systems for the management of our platform’s health
- Participate in on-call rotations as needed
- Other duties as assigned by management
Technologies you will be learning and working with....
- Languages: Python, bash, Powershell, C#, Java, Terraform Configuration Language
- Workload management: Azure, AWS, container orchestration
- CI/CD: Azure DevOps pipelines, Octopus Deploy
- Infrastructure as code: Terraform, Puppet, Ansible
- Monitoring: Splunk, ELK, DataDog, APM & observability tools
- Five years of experience in a software development and/or operations role with an emphasis on Linux/Unix-based systems
- Intermediate experience with CI/CD pipeline technologies
- Professional experience in containerization technologies
- Intermediate experience with scripting (Powershell, bash, or Python preferred)
- Ability to troubleshoot running applications in a systematic manner
- Comfortable working with applications on-prem and in Azure
- Working proficiency with Git
- Comfortable with Scrum-based development lifecycle
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong and clear written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to translate complex ideas into diagrams, user stories, and ultimately working software
- Strong sense of ownership around producing results
Ready to apply?
To start your application, please submit your resume and we will be in touch as soon as we can. Please include the word "moonshot" at the top of your message to the Hiring Manager so that we know you took the time to read our job ad.
We understand that diverse candidates have diverse needs. We welcome you to inform us of any additional needs related to completing your job application or participating in the interview process, via [email protected].
We kindly ask you to apply through our careers portal or external job boards (LinkedIn, Naukri, Indeed, etc) only. Please don't send your application via email. They will not be forwarded.
More about us
Xplor Technologies is a global platform integrating SaaS solutions, embedded payments, and Commerce Accelerating Technologies to help businesses succeed. Xplor provides enterprise-grade SaaS solutions for businesses in “everyday life” verticals: Childcare & Education; Fitness & Wellbeing, Field Services and Personal Services – and a global cloud-based payment processing platform.
Xplor Technologies serves over 78,000 customers that processed over $36 billion in payments, operating across 20 markets in 2022.
Good to know
To be considered for employment, you must be legally authorised to work in the location (country) you're applying for. Xplor does not sponsor visas, either at the time of hire or at any later time.
To learn more about us and our products, please visit www.xplortechnologies.com/us/careers.
We also invite you to check out our Candidate FAQs for more information about our recruitment process www.xplortechnologies.com/us/recruitment-faqs.
Xplor is committed to providing equal opportunities in employment and creating an inclusive work environment. We provide equal opportunities to all our employees and to all eligible applicants for employment in our company. We do not unfairly discriminate on any ground, including race, religion, color, ancestry, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, age, nationality, ethnic origin, disability or any other category protected by applicable law.
We are a 2024 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.