Director of Engineering – Mobile Center of Excellence
- Role type: People Leader
- Department: Dev Ops
- Division: Central Technology
At Xplor we help businesses succeed by giving them the software, payments, and commerce-accelerating technologies they need to thrive.
We know our clients and partners because we once were our clients. We understand their industry, customers, and unique goals so that we can help them overcome obstacles and leave a lasting legacy.
You’ll join Xplor’s Technology Group — and will be focused on establishing our Mobile Center of Excellence. This will be comprised of multiple mobile teams that deliver solutions across the suite of Xplor’s offerings. The resources will be global and have skills in 3 main areas – Swift, Kotlin and ReactNative.
You’ll be responsible for overseeing engineering resources dedicated to executing on the roadmaps for our products’ mobile apps, which will include all stages of software development and you will directly ensure delivery from your teams.
You will be accountable for building, growing, and mentoring a world-class team of engineers to help Xplor reach its goal of helping people succeed. The Director of Engineering, Mobile COE should be passionate about an environment where technology is the key value driver for the business while partnering closely with diverse stakeholders. The right individual will be experienced in scaling technology teams and creating and delivering a great experience across a broad user base.
This individual will partner closely with other engineering leaders, product leadership and be a key driver in the planning, development, and implementation - including architecture, and technology stack all the while keeping an eye out for wider Xplor synergies.
This position directly & indirectly supervises multiple teams of Mobile Software Engineers at various levels, and is responsible for the direction, coordination, and evaluation of their leaders. The associate will carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable law. Such responsibilities will include interviewing, hiring, and training associates; planning, assigning, and directing work; setting goals; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining associates; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Some of the responsibilities you’ll have:
- Create well-structured mobile engineering teams and process to scale to meet the needs of both high growth-champion products and more mature value orient products through strong development practices to ensure quality and continuous improvements to process
- Hire, develop and grow engineering talent by providing career growth support, effective feedback, and performance reviews
- Foster culture of continuous engineering improvement through mentoring, feedback, and metrics
- Contribute to the development and execution of a technology roadmaps across said products to support our strategy and objectives, responsible for the execution of that roadmap
- Identify and create assets that are re-usable across multiple products’ mobile applications (such as a common login component on iOS native applications for Mariana Tek, PerfectMind and Education)
- Be a change agent willing to mentor and show the value of best practices in process and technology to all levels of the organization (includes showing back synergies to senior leadership)
- Establish, track, and publish Software Delivery KPIs driving desired behaviors and best practices
- Cultivate an Engineering culture of Accountability & Continuous Improvement
- Oversee architecture within your product areas and partner with the wider Xplor org to execute towards a wider strategic cross-product and technology roadmap
- Promote quality within all aspects of development by actively overseeing multiple scrum ceremonies – IE PI planning, backlog grooming, requirements gathering, technical design reviews, etc.
- Assist and guide your team to support production releases
Qualifications - What would make me a good candidate?
- Experience in leading engineering teams with (iOS/Swift, Android/Kotlin and ReactNative)
- Experience partnering with senior leadership both in and outside of engineering
- Experience ensuring toolsets support an efficient, predictable, high-quality set of outcomes - tools from Atlassian, GitHub, Apple, etc.
- You’re a true team player who knows that we all have to sometimes roll up our sleeves and help each other
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, computer engineering, systems analysis or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience
- At least 5 years’ of progressive experience in leading software engineering teams, at least 2 years managing engineers
- 6+ years’ mobile engineering experience, including technical lead within a start-up or high-growth setting
- 6+ years’ experience in one or more of Swift, React, Kotlin (or similar)
- Proven record of implementing Agile software development lifecycles, automation in quality assurance, continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) pipeline
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal and clear written communication skills
Life at Xplor
You’ll be part of a global network of talented colleagues who support your success. We look for commonalities and shared passions and give people the tools they need to deliver great work and grow at speed.
Some of the perks of working with us:
- 12 weeks Gender Neutral Paid Parental Leave for both primary and secondary carer
- #GiveBackDays/Commitment to social impact – 3 extra days off to volunteer and give back to your local community
- Ongoing dedication to Diversity & Inclusion initiatives such as D&I Council, Global Mentorship Program
- Access to free mental health support
- Flexible working arrangements
The average base salary pay range for this role is between $150,000$-$175,000 USD
May be considered for a discretionary bonus
More about us
Xplor Technologies is a global platform integrating SaaS solutions, embedded payments, and Commerce Accelerating Technologies to help businesses succeed. Xplor provides enterprise-grade SaaS solutions for businesses in “everyday life” verticals: Childcare & Education; Fitness & Wellbeing, Field Services and Personal Services – and a global cloud-based payment processing platform.
Xplor Technologies serves over 78,000 customers that processed over $36 billion in payments, operating across 20 markets in 2022.
Good to know
To be considered for employment in the United States, you must be legally authorized to work in the US. Xplor does not sponsor visas, either at the time of hire or at any later time.
To learn more about us and our products, please visit www.xplortechnologies.com/us/careers.
We also invite you to check out our Candidate FAQs for more information about our recruitment process www.xplortechnologies.com/us/recruitment-faqs.
Xplor is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We're dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing our people regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community.
All Information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Xplor is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. In keeping with our commitment, Xplor will take the steps to assure that people with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. Accordingly, if reasonable accommodation is required to fully participate in the job application or interview process, to perform the essential functions of the position, and/or to receive all other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact us via [email protected].
We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.