Full Stack C# Software Engineer
- Role type: Individual Contributor
- Department: Engineering - Payments
- Division: Global Technology
At Xplor, we believe that helping people make the most of each day is the most rewarding way to spend ours.
We give small and medium-sized businesses cloud-based, intuitive technology solutions that enable them to manage all the hassles of running and growing a business, so business owners can get back to doing what they love. With Xplor Pay, we help businesses get paid quickly and securely – without hidden fees.
We built the tech ourselves, and our platform delivers secure, transparent, fast, and accurate payments. We are unified by our purpose of helping people to succeed. So, when you become part of our team, you also become part of the personal connection that strengthens the relationship people have with Xplor products.
As a Software Engineer, you will work closely with the Engineering team to innovate, research, and develop code following coding standards and adhering to designs supporting internal business requirements and/or external customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties are normal for this position. This list is not to be construed as exclusive or all inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Designs, documents, develops, tests, optimizes, and maintains software systems for use by internal staff and external customers.
- Creates scripts for the automation of internal processes and reporting.
- Performs basic maintenance and system administration on application servers
- Follow industry best practices, leveraging appropriate software design patterns
- Review and provided feedback on product requirements, visual designs and testing plans.
- Communicate and coordinate activities with engineering departments including Product Management, Quality Assurance, DevOps and other engineering teams.
- Provides technical product improvement suggestions to improve quality, performance, maintainability.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Develop software using an agile methodology. This entails:
- Iterative development over 2-week sprints
- Extensive use of TDD
- Pair programming as needed
- Work with tools such as Visual Studio, git, TFS, and SQL Server
- Work with the latest .NET frameworks, including .NET Core and ASP.NET Core
- Work on systems centered around microservices and APIs written in C#
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, computer engineering, systems analysis or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience
- Angular and SASS a plus
- Experience with SQL Server
- Experience developing secure, RESTful APIs
- Experience with Microsoft Azure is a plus
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong, clear written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with mobile platform development (iOS and Android) is a plus
- Forward Thinking - Anticipates how individuals and groups will react to situations and information and plans accordingly. Anticipates the consequences of situations and plans accordingly. Notices trends in the industry or marketplace and develops plans to prepare for opportunities or problems. Anticipates possible problems and develops contingency plans in advance.
- Drives Performance - Develops challenging but achievable goals. Maintains commitment to goals in the face of obstacles and frustrations. Finds or creates ways to measure performance against goals. Has a strong sense of urgency about solving problems and getting work done. Creates momentum and drives behavior change when necessary.
- Adaptability - Adapts to new ideas and initiatives across a wide variety of issues or situations. Adapts interpersonal style to highly diverse individuals and groups in a range of situations. Supports major changes that challenge traditional ways of operating. Anticipates change in order to adapt own plans and priorities.
- Fosters Teamwork - Assumes additional responsibilities to facilitate the achievement of team goals. Seeks input from other team members on matters that affect them. Shares all relevant information with others.
- Open + Transparent Communication - Recalls others' main points, taking them into account in own communication. Checks own understanding of others' communication (e.g., paraphrases, asks questions). Elicits comments or feedback on what has been said. Maintains continuous, open and consistent communication with others.
- Technical Expertise - With guidance, completes common tasks, which present limited difficulties. Reads standard documents to extract key information. Assists team in carrying out complex tasks.
Values and Life at Xplor
Our four core values guide us from how we hire and recognise our team members to how we interact with our customers day to day:
- Make life simple
- Build for people
- Move with purpose
- Create lasting communities
If these values sound like you, and describe people you want to work with, you will thrive at Xplor. As an Xplorer, you will be part of a global network of talented colleagues who will support your success. We look for commonalities and shared passions and give people the tools they need to deliver great work and grow at speed
Some of the perks of working with us:
- Unparalleled opportunities to learn and accelerated career development
- A collaborative, team environment with people who truly love what they do
- 12 weeks Gender Neutral Paid Parental Leave for both primary and secondary carer
- Unlimited access to Linked in learning, 10% of your time devoted to growing you and your career, and further support to help you grow
- Access to mental health support
- Fully flexible work arrangements
How to apply?
To start your application with us, please submit your CV and a cover letter and we’ll be in touch as soon as we can. Please include the word "moonshot" at the top of your cover letter so that we know you really took the time to read our job ad. Your contact is Abbi Staplehurst - TA Business Partner.
We understand that diverse candidates have diverse needs. We welcome you to inform us of any additional needs related to completing your job application or participating in the interview process, via [email protected].
More about us
Xplor Technologies is a global platform integrating SaaS solutions, embedded payments, and Commerce Accelerating Technologies to help businesses succeed. Xplor provides enterprise-grade SaaS solutions for businesses in “everyday life” verticals: Childcare & Education; Fitness & Wellbeing, Field Services and Personal Services – and a global cloud-based payment processing platform.
Xplor Technologies serves over 78,000 customers that processed over $36 billion in payments, operating across 20 markets in 2022.
Good to know
To be considered for employment in the United Kingdom, you must be legally authorised to work in the UK. Xplor does not sponsor visas, either at the time of hire or at any later time.
To learn more about us and our products, please visit www.xplortechnologies.com/gb/careers.
We also invite you to check out our Candidate FAQs for more information about our recruitment process www.xplortechnologies.com/us/recruitment-faqs.
Xplor is dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing our people regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community.
We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.