Site Reliability Engineer
- Role type: Individual Contributor
- Department: Dev Ops
- Division: Central Technology
At Xplor, we believe that helping people make the most of each day is the most rewarding way to spend ours.
We give small and medium-sized businesses cloud-based, intuitive technology solutions that enable them to manage all the hassles of running and growing a business, so business owners can get back to doing what they love. With Xplor Pay, we help businesses get paid quickly and securely – without hidden fees. We built the tech ourselves, and our platform delivers secure, transparent, fast, and accurate payments.
We are unified by our purpose of helping people to succeed. So, when you become part of our team, you also become part of the personal connection that strengthens the relationship people have with Xplor products.
About the opportunity
At Xplor, the Central Technology Team has one main purpose: to enable and complement the business strategies and goals while solving real problems for our customers and users.
About the opportunity
Join our Central Technology Team to make a real impact every day. We say that because we know that every code line we write, every interface we design and every conversation we have, is another opportunity for us to enrich our customers’ experiences.
Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) is what you get when you treat operations as if it is a software problem.
Our mission is to protect and provide for the software and systems behind Xplor’s services with an ever-watchful eye on their availability, latency, performance, and capacity. As an SRE you will use your experience in running production-grade software to build automation that allow our systems to run smoothly with minimal intervention.
This is an ideal role for someone who wants to work through problems and provide solutions that have significant positive impact to our products and customers.
Some of the other responsibilities include:
- Ownership and support of our payments systems, working as an integrated member of a scrum team
- Overseeing our microservice-based platform using container orchestration tools
- Automate pipelines to production and make it safe, secure, and repeatable so that development teams can self-service
- Solve problems relating to mission critical services and build automation to prevent problem recurrence with the goal of automating response to all non-exceptional service conditions
- Influence and create new designs, architectures, standards, and methods for large-scale distributed systems
- Build world-class alerting, monitoring, and capacity management systems for the management of our platform’s health
- Participate in on-call rotations as needed
- Other duties as assigned by management
Technologies you will be learning and working with....
- Languages: bash, C#, Java, Terraform Configuration Language, Python, PowerShell
- Workload management: Azure, Kubernetes, Docker, Rancher
- CI/CD: Azure DevOps pipelines
- Infrastructure as code: Terraform, Puppet, Ansible
- Monitoring: Splunk, APM & observability tools
Security: Snyk, SentinelOne
About our Central Technology team
At Xplor, we have many different products and technologies. We have evolved from a bunch of start-ups to a single company with over 700 Xplorers who work in our CT team as one team across the world. You can find everything from super modern to older languages. We continue to iterate on our processes and technologies to find common ground between the different projects and product we have.
With this, we rely heavily on our engineers to be dynamic. Xplor is not the company (yet) where you’ll always have well-defined requirements and rigid processes. Our Engineers have a lot of input into the process and requirements. However, there can be challenges and ambiguity you as an Engineer have to overcome – and we know that’s not for everyone. The positive side of this is that you get to have a lot of say and ownership in the product and the process.
What would make me a good candidate?
Required qualifications for this role:
- Three years of experience in a software development and/or operations role with an emphasis on automation
- Intermediate experience with CI/CD pipeline technologies
- Professional experience in containerization technologies
- Intermediate experience with scripting (Powershell preferred)
- Ability to troubleshoot running applications in a systematic manner
- Comfortable working with applications on-prem and in Azure
- Working proficiency with Git
- Comfortable with Scrum-based development lifecycle
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong and clear written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to translate complex ideas into diagrams, user stories, and ultimately working software
- Strong sense of ownership around producing results
At Xplor, we believe that the best innovation and ideas happen at the intersection of differences - people of different cultures, generations, disciplines, and lived experiences. So even if you think you don’t quite tick all the boxes, we still encourage you to apply.
Values and Life at Xplor
Our four core values that guide us from how we hire and recognize our team members to how we interact with our customers day to day:
Make life simple
Build for people
Move with purpose
Create lasting communities
If these values sound like you, and describe people you want to work with, you will thrive at Xplor.
As an Xplorer, you will be part of a global network of talented colleagues who will support your success. We look for commonalities and shared passions and give people the tools they need to deliver great work and grow at speed.
Some of our perks and benefits are:
- 12 weeks Gender Neutral Paid Parental Leave for both primary and secondary carer
- #GiveBackDays/Commitment to social impact – 3 extra days off to volunteer and give back to your local community
- Ongoing dedication to Diversity & Inclusion initiatives such as D&I Council, Global Mentorship Program
- Access to free mental health support
- Flexible working arrangement
- Compensation range is up to $100,000 USD depending on experience
Ready to apply?
To start your application, please submit your resume and we will be in touch as soon as we can. Please include the word "moonshot" at the top of your message to the Hiring Manager so that we know you took the time to read our job ad.
More about us
Xplor Technologies is a global platform integrating SaaS solutions, embedded payments, and Commerce Accelerating Technologies to help businesses succeed. Xplor provides enterprise-grade SaaS solutions for businesses in “everyday life” verticals: Childcare & Education; Fitness & Wellbeing, Field Services and Personal Services – and a global cloud-based payment processing platform.
Xplor Technologies serves over 78,000 customers that processed over $36 billion in payments, operating across 20 markets in 2022.
Good to know
To be considered for employment in the United States, you must be legally authorized to work in the US. Xplor does not sponsor visas, either at the time of hire or at any later time.
To learn more about us and our products, please visit www.xplortechnologies.com/us/careers.
We also invite you to check out our Candidate FAQs for more information about our recruitment process www.xplortechnologies.com/us/recruitment-faqs.
Xplor is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We're dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing our people regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community.
All Information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Xplor is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. In keeping with our commitment, Xplor will take the steps to assure that people with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. Accordingly, if reasonable accommodation is required to fully participate in the job application or interview process, to perform the essential functions of the position, and/or to receive all other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact us via [email protected].
We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.