- Role type: Individual Contributor
- Department: Engineering - Payments
- Division: Central Technology
Take a seat on the Xplor rocketship and join us as a Java Developer to help people succeed across the world.
From dropping your kids off at childcare, getting something at home repaired, going to the gym or a fitness studio, to picking up your dry cleaning — our software, payments, and commerce-enabling solutions help everyday life businesses to overcome obstacles and form great relationships with their customers.
- Takes complex features from concept to execution.
- Provides feedback on the work of junior developers.
- Gathering requirements, developing code, testing, debugging, and supporting applications.
- Ability to effectively deal with ambiguity, uncertainty, and incomplete information when evaluating alternatives and making recommendations.
- Strong understanding of MVP and how to build quality services that fit basic needs of customers
- 3+ years of progressive experience with Java and Spring.
- Strong software design skills: SOLID design principles, design
- Familiar with Hibernate and Spring JPA
- Familiar with SOA and microservices architectures.
- Good command of RESTful and/or RPC approach for building APIs.
- Nice to have PHP experience to assist with some other projects & transformation
- Nice to have experience with Event Driven Design (Rabbit MQ or Kafka)
- Oral Communication--Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication--Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Planning/Organizing--Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Professionalism--Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Integrity and Trust--Is widely trusted; Is seen as a direct, truthful individual; Can present the unvarnished truth in an appropriate and helpful manner; Keeps confidences; Admits mistakes; Doesn't misrepresent him/herself for personal gain.
- Ethics and Values--Adheres to an appropriate (for the setting) and effective set of core values and beliefs during both good and bad times; Acts in line with those values; Rewards the right values and disapproves of others; Practices what he/she preaches.
What does it mean to work for Xplor?
Our four core values - Make life simple, Build for people, Move with purpose and Create lasting communities - are key to who we are and guide us from how we hire to how we recognise our team members.
Some of the perks of working with us:
- Unparalleled opportunities to learn and accelerated career development
- A collaborative, team environment with people who truly love what they do
- 12 weeks Gender Neutral Paid Parental Leave for both primary and secondary carer
- Unlimited access to Udemy for Business, 10% of your time devoted to growing you and your career, and further support to help you grow
- Private medical insurance, 25 days holiday, pension and Death in service
We understand that diverse candidates have diverse needs. We welcome you to inform us of any additional needs related to completing your job application or participating in the interview process, via [email protected]
More about us
Xplor Technologies is a global platform integrating SaaS solutions, embedded payments, and Commerce Accelerating Technologies to help businesses succeed. Xplor provides enterprise-grade SaaS solutions for businesses in “everyday life” verticals: Childcare & Education; Fitness & Wellbeing, Field Services and Personal Services – and a global cloud-based payment processing platform.
Xplor Technologies serves over 78,000 customers that processed over $36 billion in payments, operating across 20 markets in 2022.
Good to know
To be considered for employment in the United Kingdom, you must be legally authorised to work in the UK. Xplor does not sponsor visas, either at the time of hire or at any later time.
To learn more about us and our products, please visit www.xplortechnologies.com/gb/careers.
We also invite you to check out our Candidate FAQs for more information about our recruitment process www.xplortechnologies.com/us/recruitment-faqs.
Xplor is dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing our people regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community.
We’re committed to replying to each application and look forward to getting in touch with you soon.