Senior Technical Lead (Elixir)
- Role type: People Leader
- Department: Engineering - SaaS
- Division: Childcare & Education
Take a seat on the Xplor rocketship and join us as Senior Tech Lead - Elixir to help people succeed across the world.
We’re a global team of builders, listeners and problem-solvers who are relentlessly focused on making life simple, so our customers can get back to growing their business, engaging consumers and doing what they love.
About the opportunity
You’ll join Xplor Education and our Engineering team — the team that provides the support and expertise educators need to manage their centres smoothly, improve parent engagement, and deliver the best and safe educational experience, so that they can focus on what really matters - helping children succeed.
Our Elixir Developers create and maintain numerous products and services throughout the Xplor Education ecosystem including Office, Playground Web and Home Web
Reporting to the Head of Engineering, you’ll help us develop our product that allows education services to automate administration, streamline their financials and reporting, digitise attendance and bookings, record learning observations, and communicate with parents in real-time.
This is a senior role that requires exceptional programming skills, proven technical leadership, ability to collaborate cross-functionally with business stakeholders, product managers, designers, and other technology leaders. We are looking for senior engineers with a passion for technology, researching new solutions and ways of working, who enjoy mentoring other engineers and sharing insights with their peers.
Some of the other responsibilities you’ll have:
- Work with Heads of Engineering, Product Managers, tech leads and engineers to deliver features for the product and engineering roadmap and ensure projects are delivered on time, and to best practice & quality guidelines
- People leadership of Elixir engineering team
- Ensure that we build high quality software by reviewing peer code check-ins
- Define best practices for product development, engineering, and coding
- Be a part of a team with a shared goal - disrupting a market through technology and improving the lives of administrators and families across the country
- Participate in the entire application lifecycle right from concept to delivery as well as post-launch support
- Be involved in design, testing and code review
- Regular exposure to business stakeholders and executive management, as well as the authority and scope to apply expertise to many interesting technical problems
What would make me a good candidate?
- 3+ years experience developing software applications
- Experience in Elixir programming language, if not ideally Ruby on Rails
- Experience working on large and complex software projects
- Full stack development and relational database experience
- Excellent communication skills and independent problem-solving intuitions
- Good handle of balancing tests vs delivery pressure
- Good understanding of the full software development lifecycle
- Ideally, you have experience with front-end languages such as PHP, Jquery, and React
- Motivated by a fast-evolving environment where you will have to constantly adapt - no two days are the same!
- You’re a true team player and a good people leader who knows that we all have to sometimes roll up our sleeves
- You align with our four core values and you’re simply a good human
At Xplor, we believe that the best innovation and ideas happen at the intersection of differences people of different cultures, generations, disciplines, and lived experiences. So even if you think you don’t quite tick all the boxes, we still encourage you to apply.
Life at Xplor
You’ll be part of a global network of talented colleagues who support your success. We look for commonalities and shared passions and give people the tools they need to deliver great work and grow at speed.
Some of our perks and benefits:
- 12 weeks Gender Neutral Paid Parental Leave for both primary and secondary carer
- #GiveBackDays/Commitment to social impact – 3 extra days off to volunteer and give back to your local community
- Ongoing dedication to Diversity & Inclusion initiatives such as D&I Council, Global
- Mentorship Program
- Access to free mental health support
Ready to apply?
To start your application, please submit your resume and we’ll be in touch as soon as we can. Please include the word "Rocketengineer" at the top of your message to the Hiring Manager, so that we know you took the time to read our job ad.
We understand that diverse candidates have diverse needs. We welcome you to inform us of any additional needs related to completing your job application or participating in the interview process, via [email protected]
More about us
Xplor Technologies is a global platform integrating SaaS solutions, embedded payments, and Commerce Accelerating Technologies to help businesses succeed. Xplor provides enterprise-grade SaaS solutions for businesses in “everyday life” verticals: Childcare & Education; Fitness & Wellbeing, Field Services and Personal Services – and a global cloud-based payment processing platform.
Xplor Technologies serves over 78,000 customers that processed over $36 billion in payments, operating across 20 markets in 2022.
Good to know
To be considered for employment, you must be legally authorised to work in Australia. Xplor does not sponsor visas, either at the time of hire or at any later time.
To learn more about us and our products, please visit www.xplortechnologies.com/au/careers.
We also invite you to check out our Candidate FAQs for more information about our recruitment process www.xplortechnologies.com/us/recruitment-faqs.
Xplor is dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing our people regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community and we strongly encourage applications from the Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander community.
We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.