QA Automation Engineer
- Role type: Individual Contributor
- Department: Engineering
- Division: Technology
At Xplor we help businesses succeed by giving them the software, payments, and commerce-accelerating technologies they need to thrive.
We know our clients and partners because we once were our clients. We understand their industry, customers, and unique goals so that we can help them overcome obstacles and leave a lasting legacy.
You’ll join Xplor Resamania as QA Automation Engineer — the team that builds all-in-one business management software for gyms and health clubs in Europe. Intuitive and flexible with fully integrated payments and access controls, Resamania offers member insights, marketing automation, self-service technology, management info and reporting so they can tap into the power of data-driven technology. It is designed to free the customer from technical constraints, allowing them to really focus on their business
QA Automation Engineer designs, develops, and executes reusable and maintainable automated scripts; applies expertise and understanding of issues that may arise around automated testing and assists in researching and providing solutions to add, modify, or enhance previously recorded automated scripts.
You will work with a passionate software development team in an agile environment conducting tests throughout all stages of software development to ensure quality standards, while ensuring the automation of critical tests
You will collaborate closely with the rest of the QA, Engineering team and Product Managers to ensure the highest quality of software delivered in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Applies expertise related to estimating, designing, developing and executing automated test procedures and cases based on requirements relevant to automated test planning and creation for product and system testing.
- Depending on specific requirements, writes effective automated test cases or automated frameworks; performs software defect tracking and regression for identified software release.
- Assists in planning, analyzing, designing, developing, and executing training relative to automation/load testing tools and methodologies.
- Manually tests new changes as necessary.
- Strong, object-oriented design and coding skills.
- Experience in test frameworks and tools like Selenium Webdriver & Cypress.io.
- Experience in testing web applications, REST API’s (ideally using Postman) and writing automation scripts using Selenium & Cypress.io.
- Genuine enjoyment of Software Quality Assurance work with a coding background – experience writing working code. Selenium and Cypress.io is must.
- At least 2 years’ experience in Software Quality Assurance.
- Experience working in a CI/CD and DevOps environment.
- You’re a true team player who knows that we all have to sometimes roll up our sleeves and help each other.
- Excellent communication, collaboration, trust-building, listening, and negotiation skills.
- My 10% - 10% of your time to invest in growth and learning
- 12 weeks gender-neutral paid parental leave
- Unlimited access to Udemy for Business
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent work experience