- Role type: Individual Contributor
- Department: Financial Control
- Division: Finance
Take a seat on the Xplor rocketship and join us as a Financial Accoutant to help us build the first global platform integrating software, payments and Commerce Accelerating Technologies to help businesses thrive!
From dropping your kids off at childcare, getting something at home repaired, going to the gym or a fitness studio, to picking up your dry cleaning — our software, payments, and commerce-enabling solutions help everyday life businesses to overcome obstacles and form great relationships with their customers.
Reporting into our Deputy Financial Controller, this role is responsible for owning the accounting and month end close process for our Group Companies, as well as treasury and intercompany management.
We are looking for someone who is genuinely interested in the FinTech landscape, with solid financial accounting and reporting experience and a desire to support with automating and streamlining processes.
Liquidity management and cash flow forecasting: Responsible for executing and overseeing of activities to ensure that the Group wide liquidity management system operates effectively, this includes weekly cash flow forecasts and well as funding requests.
Financial statement preparation: Production of IFRS consolidated results and stand alone financial statements.
Technical accounting: Key team member involved in pro-actively ensuring the Group’s financial accounting and reporting remains compliant with IFRS and related FRC guidance
Month end reporting: Key member of the Group Reporting Team who are responsible for the accurate and timely preparation, internal approval and delivery of the financial sections of the month end results.
Intercompany management: Ensuring timely month-end closing, inter-company reconciliation, preparation of relevant reporting and audit schedules, and managing part of the daily financial operations. This includes reconciliation of intercompany loans, management fees and dividend distributions between companies within the Group.
- Recognised or studying towards professional accounting qualification (e.g. ACA or ACCA).
- Strong IFRS technical accounting experience obtained in auditing or working in a large listed company environment
- Project management experience
- Ability to work with a high degree of ownership and responsibility
- High level of attention to detail
- Exceptional communication skills – both written and verbal
- Deadline-orientated and an ability to stick to time constraints
And it's favourable if you have:
- An analytical mind
- A keen eye for detail and desire to probe further into data
- Ability to mentor and manage other team member(s) and evaluate and prioritise conflicting tasks and deadlines
- Commercial and business awareness
What does it mean to work for Xplor?
Our four core values - Make life simple, Build for people, Move with purpose and Create lasting communities - are key to who we are and guide us from how we hire to how we recognise our team members.
Some of the perks of working with us:
- Unparalleled opportunities to learn and accelerated career development
- A collaborative, team environment with people who truly love what they do
- 12 weeks Gender Neutral Paid Parental Leave for both primary and secondary caregiver
- Unlimited access to Udemy for Business, 10% of your time devoted to growing you and your career, and further support to help you grow
- Private medical insurance, 25 days holiday, pension and Death in service
How to apply?
To start your application with us, please submit your CV and a cover letter and we’ll be in touch as soon as we can. Please include the word "moonshot" at the top of your cover letter so that we know you really took the time to read our job ad. Your contact is Sophia Little, Senior Talent Partner
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To learn more about us and our products, please visit www.xplortechnologies.com/gb/careers.
Xplor is dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing our people regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community.
We’re committed to replying to each application and look forward to getting in touch with you soon.