Site Reliability Engineer (Remote)
- Atlanta, GA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Role type: Individual Contributor
- Department: IT Operations
- Division: Technology
We're the first global platform integrating software, payments and Commerce Accelerating Technologies to help businesses succeed. We offer software solutions for businesses in fast-growing ‘everyday life’ industries: Childcare & Education, Fitness & Wellbeing, Field Services and Personal Services – and a global, cloud-based payments processing platform. With operations in North America, Australasia, Europe, and the UK, we serve over 75,000 businesses that processed over $27 billion in payments, in over 140 countries in 2020.
Location: flexibility to work in other locations or remotely within the United States
Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) is what you get when you treat operations as if it is a software problem.
Our mission is to protect and provide for the software and systems behind Xplor’s services with an ever-watchful eye on their availability, latency, performance, and capacity. As an SRE you will use your experience in running production-grade software to build automation that allow our systems to run smoothly with minimal intervention.
This is an ideal role for someone who wants to work through problems and provide solutions that have significant positive impact to our products and customers.
Essential duties and responsibilities include...
- Automate pipelines to production and make it safe, secure, and repeatable so that development teams can self-service
- Configure and maintain Kubernetes clusters within Azure supporting active development and iteration
- Construct and maintain infrastructure-as-code using Terraform, Puppet, and Ansible
- Solve problems relating to mission critical services and build automation to prevent problem recurrence with the goal of automating response to all non-exceptional service conditions
- Influence and create new designs, architectures, standards, and methods for large-scale distributed systems
- Build world-class alerting, monitoring, and capacity management systems for the management of our platform’s health
- Participate in on-call rotations as needed
- Other duties as assigned by management
Technologies you will be learning and working with....
- Languages: Python, bash, Powershell, C#, Java, Terraform Configuration Language
- Workload management: Azure, Kubernetes, Docker, Rancher
- CI/CD: Azure DevOps pipelines
- Infrastructure as code: Terraform, Puppet, Ansible
- Monitoring: Splunk, APM & observability tools
- Security: Hashicorp Vault, Snyk, SentinelOne
- Five years of experience in a software development and/or operations role
- Intermediate experience with Azure DevOps pipelines
- Professional experience in containerization technologies
- Intermediate experience with scripting (Powershell, bash, or Python preferred)
- Ability to troubleshoot running applications in a systematic manner
- Comfortable working with applications on-prem and in Azure
- Working proficiency with Git
- Comfortable with Scrum-based development lifecycle
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong and clear written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to translate complex ideas into diagrams, user stories, and ultimately working software
- Strong sense of ownership around producing results.
Our four core values - Make life simple, Build for people, Move with purpose and Create lasting communities - are key to who we are and guide us from how we hire to how we recognise our team members.
Some of the perks of working with us:
- Unparalleled opportunities to learn and accelerated career development
- A collaborative, team environment with people who truly love what they do
- 12 weeks Gender Neutral Paid Parental Leave for both primary and secondary career
- Unlimited access to Udemy for Business, 10% of your time devoted to growing you and your career, and further support to help you grow
- Fully flexible work arrangements
- Robust paid time off benefits, match 401K and more!
- The average base salary pay range for this position is $80-$140K
- May be considered for a discretionary bonus
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To start your application with us, please submit your resume and we’ll be in touch as soon as we can.
To learn more about us and our products, please visit www.xplortechnologies.com/us/careers.
Xplor is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We're dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing our people regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community.
All Information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Xplor is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. In keeping with our commitment, Xplor will take the steps to assure that people with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. Accordingly, if reasonable accommodation is required to fully participate in the job application or interview process, to perform the essential functions of the position, and/or to receive all other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact us at [email protected] or +1 561-598-5952.
We promote flexible working wherever we can, so whether you prefer to be fully remote or in an office, the choice can be yours.
We’re also committed to replying to each application and look forward to getting in touch with you soon.