Mobile Development Manager
- Raleigh, NC, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Role type: People Leader
- Department: Engineering
- Division: Technology
At Xplor, we help businesses thrive by making life simple for daily activities with a recurring nature. We do that by offering smart software, payments, and commerce-accelerating technologies (CATs) across “everyday life” verticals: Fitness & Wellbeing, Childcare & Education, Field Services and Personal Services.
Take a seat on the Xplor Rocketship and join us as a Manager of Mobile Engineering building capabilities to help people succeed across the world. This position reports to the Head of Software Engineering.
You’ll join our Xplor Tech group and mostly focus on products within our Fitness & Wellbeing vertical that serves clients around the globe in key markets like the US, Canada, UK, Europe, Japan, Australia and New Zealand.
- Manage 17 developers across different geographical regions.
- Lead a community of mobile developers towards a common set of platforms, tools and development best practices.
- Partner and collaborate hand-in-hand with our varied mobile technology teams across the Fitness and Wellness to help deliver a streamlined development experience.
- Develop mobile capabilities using a wide range of mobile applications and range of technologies including Swift and Kotlin.
Leading people at Xplor
Leaders at Xplor are tasked with bringing our culture and values to life. The Xplor culture is rooted in inclusive, innovation, personal growth and impact. As a leader at Xplor you will;
- Attract, develop, inspire and retain a high performing team
- Exhibit a desire to help their team members succeed and invest time in their development and growth
- Collaborate and openly debate with the team to manage projects, solve problems, discuss challenging issues, or learn more about critical issues as a group
- Delegate tasks thoughtfully to free up capacity to work at a strategic level
- Work with Xplorers in the team to establish clear, challenging performance goals and metrics for the year
- Use the Xplor performance management and goal setting process to monitor projects and deliver results that exceed expectations and regularly review team progress against plans
- Act as an enterprise leader sharing best practice and driving Xplor wide initiatives
The average base salary pay range for this position is $100K to $150K
May be considered for a discretionary bonus
- Hands-on previous experience in a senior developer or team lead role, having worked on apps that have been published to Apple App Store and/or Google Play Store
- You will have successfully managed a mobile development team across multiple products/apps.
- A good understanding of mobile development on both iOS and Android platforms.
- Strong communication skills.
- A solid foundation in programming.
- The ability to manage your own time and priorities effectively.
- The ability to provide constructive feedback when reviewing code and designs.
- A good understanding of Agile ways of working and related technologies.
- Experience building cross-team communities or guilds – and an understanding of the associated workflows and organisations.
- Experience of working in teams that practice Continuous Integration and Continuous Development.
- Working with separate and geographically diverse teams.
- Previous experience working on white label apps
- Experience of building high-performing teams.
What does it mean to work for Xplor?
Our four core values - Make life simple Build for people, Move with purpose and Create lasting communities - are key to who we are and guide us from how we hire to how we recognize our team members.
Some of the perks of working with us:
- Unparalleled opportunities to learn and accelerated career development
- A collaborative, team environment with people who truly love what they do
- Competitive gender-neutral parental leave benefits
- Unlimited access to Udemy for Business, 10% of your time devoted to growing you and your career, and further support to help you grow
- Access to Employee Assistance Program
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Flexible work arrangements
More about us
We're the first global platform integrating software, payments and Commerce Accelerating Technologies to help businesses succeed. We offer software solutions for businesses in fast-growing ‘everyday life’ industries: Childcare & Education, Fitness & Wellbeing, Field Services and Personal Services – and a global, cloud-based payments processing platform.
With operations in North America, Australasia, Europe, and the UK, we serve over 75,000 businesses that processed over $27 billion in payments, in over 140 countries in 2020.
In the F&W vertical, we have more than 600 Xplorers working in offices and remotely around the world, and we are passionate about fitness, stellar customer support and developing technology that solves problems for busy people. Our products are already revolutionizing fitness, by automating admin and other tasks for small business owners, enterprise clients and personal trainers, so they can get out of the office and spend more time doing what they love.
To learn more about us and our products, please visit www.xplortechnologies.com/us/careers.
Xplor is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We're dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing our people regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community.
All Information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Xplor is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. In keeping with our commitment, Xplor will take the steps to assure that people with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. Accordingly, if reasonable accommodation is required to fully participate in the job application or interview process, to perform the essential functions of the position, and/or to receive all other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact us at [email protected] or +1 561-598-5952.
We promote flexible working wherever we can, so whether you prefer to be fully remote or in an office, the choice can be yours.
We’re also committed to replying to each application and look forward to getting in touch with you soon.