Portfolio Credit Analyst
- Atlanta, GA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Role type: Individual Contributor
- Department: Payment Services
- Division: Finance
Xplor, a leading global integrated payment business management software and services provider, headquartered in the United States and operating across Australia, UK, Europe and the US. Xplor’s businesses Empowers Passionate People across the Payments, Health and Fitness, Childcare, Boutique Fitness sectors, Personal Care, Mechanical and Green industries by enabling our clients to focus on doing what they do best – engaging with customers and growing their business. Our people act as extensions of our clients’ teams, with a comprehensive suite of technology, payments capabilities and value-added services like member retention and customer service activities.
Responsible for executing and enhancing Xplor’s ongoing portfolio credit monitoring operation. The role will also be a key contributor in evaluating high volume & exposure applications received from multiple verticals of Xplor. A successful candidate will be able to build upon existing exposure modeling across all verticals of Xplor and expand those processes to incorporate a robust prioritized credit watchlist function supporting acceptable loss ratios.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Evaluates Xplor’s portfolio of merchants & clients to identify those which pose an elevated risk of loss to Xplor.
· Conducts comprehensive assessments of consumer/commercial credit reporting, and audited business financials to offer a fact-based decision on loss probability.
· Establishes reserve targets required to mitigate operational loss due to merchant/client closure.
· Collaborates with internal Underwriting & Finance teams to evaluate high exposure applications and determine likelihood of repayment in the event of business interruption or closure.
· Maintains and enhances risk trigger and alert processes supportive of alerting risk team of material changes in credit profiles of guarantors or businesses.
· Spearheads exposure model changes to ensure automated evaluations are effectively leveraged in decision engines.
· Follows a progressive concurrence process supportive of capturing multiple viewpoints prior to any adverse action or decision.
· Informs Account Managers, Agents, ISOs, and Partners of review status and facilitates documentation requests.
· Interacts with Operational Risk teams on merchant issues and risk mitigations as appropriate.
· Maintains monthly KPI data for reporting.
· Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Bachelor’s degree in relevant field required (Finance); equivalent range of industry specific experience / certification would be considered.
· 3 years related payments industry experience in a consumer or commercial underwriting function is required.
· Extensive understanding of core business financial review concepts and their relation to loss mitigation.
· Demonstrated proficiency in refining underwriting systems and process.
· Advanced experience with Office & BI products required (Excel, Power BI, Tableau, iZenda, etc.).
· Experience with common CSM software preferred (Salesforce, etc.).
· Light SQL, low/no code environment knowledge preferred.
· Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Ability to multi-task and manage priorities and workflow in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
· Ability to communicate professionally and effectively across all levels of leadership, in person, on the phone, and electronically.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Sheryl Sandberg once said, “If you're offered a seat on a rocket ship, don't ask what seat! Just get on.” We couldn't agree more. So, are you ready to get on board?
To learn more about us and our products, please visit www.xplortechnologies.com.
Xplor is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We're dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing our people regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community.
All Information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
We’re committed to replying to each application and look forward to getting in touch with you soon.