Director of Credit Operations
- 3495 Piedmont Rd NE, Building 12, Suite 110, Atlanta, GA
- Employees can work remotely
- Role type: People Leader
- Department: Payment Services
- Division: Finance
Xplor, a leading global integrated payment business management software and services provider, headquartered in the United States and operating across Australia, UK, Europe and the US. Xplor’s businesses Empowers Passionate People across the Payments, Health and Fitness, Childcare, Boutique Fitness sectors, Personal Care, Mechanical and Green industries by enabling our clients to focus on doing what they do best – engaging with customers and growing their business. Our people act as extensions of our clients’ teams, with a comprehensive suite of technology, payments capabilities and value-added services like member retention and customer service activities.
Responsible for leading day-to-day operations of underwriting and credit evaluation functions of Xplor. A successful candidate will assist in constructing and improving a comprehensive Onboarding & Underwriting review process to support multiple verticals, across the various geographical regions of Xplor. This role will also own continuous credit monitoring functions of Xplor, working alongside other key leaders in Operational Risk to identify triggering events in credit profiles (both consumer and commercial) which may elevate the likelihood of loss.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
- Provides leadership & guidance to teams conducting initial underwriting and ongoing credit risk assessments of high exposure clients/merchants.
- Partners with Operational Risk leaders to analyze underwriting rule engine output aimed at balancing rate of auto approvals against acceptable rates of loss.
- Constructs and maintains Xplor’s annual portfolio credit assessment & monitoring processes.
- Developments underwriting & credit evaluation policy in support of maintaining compliance with sponsor bank rules and other applicable regulatory agencies.
- Organizes and enforces loss mitigation actions required to protect Xplor from both credit & fraud related loss.
- Develops & strengthens current underwriting exposure modeling.
- Continuously evaluates and improves KPI reporting to ensure relevant issues are visible to the business and are prioritized in development cycles.
- Leverages existing capacity plans to develop staffing model needed to sustain projected increases in customer onboarding.
- Owns planning and management of OPEX related to underwriting and credit assessment vendors.
- Creates an inspiring team environment with an open culture of communication.
- Sets clear goals backed by KPI’s that tie to the organization’s multi-year vision.
- Inspires and motivates team members to take an active role in their professional development & career pathing.
- Encourages creativity and analytics based risk-taking.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
· Bachelor’s degree in relevant field required; equivalent range of industry specific experience / certification would be considered.
· 10+ years of credit underwriting and/or operational risk experience (payments industry experience preferred).
· 5 years of experience leading a team >10 people, in both on-site and remote capacity.
· Technical experience in evaluating & mapping process flows.
· Demonstrated proficiency in refining underwriting systems and process.
· Proficient in reviewing and interpreting business financials to determine processing risk of business.
· Advanced experience with Office & BI products required (Excel, Power BI, Tableau, iZenda, etc.).
· Experience with common CSM software preferred (Salesforce, etc.).
· Light SQL, low/no code environment knowledge preferred.
· Excellent communication and leadership skills.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Sheryl Sandberg once said, “If you're offered a seat on a rocket ship, don't ask what seat! Just get on.” We couldn't agree more. So, are you ready to get on board?
To learn more about us and our products, please visit www.xplortechnologies.com.
Xplor is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We're dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing our people regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community.
All Information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
We’re committed to replying to each application and look forward to getting in touch with you soon.